Discuss Spd & 18th..............,,,,,, in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That’s how I interpret it.

Not sure how you can carry out a risk assessment however because it states that you have to do a calculation with the different lengths of each element of the distributions various cable lengths.

Lpal, Lpcl, Lpah & Lpch

Other than asking the DNO not sure how these can be determined.

So I guess the only real way is to add type 2 devices to each CU adding £200+ to each job?

those numskulls at the IET ,come up with those ideas .fitting them to a domestic consumer unit it will be like building the ISS .;)
Spd & 18th..............,,,,,, {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

443.4 continues with a catch-all, after (i) through (iv) are satisfied, by detailing an exception to the requirement being "single dwelling units where the total value of the installation and equipment therein does not justify such protection". Personally I can't see many exceptions, when considering the small price of installing this protection, ultimately this would be the insurer's call and I imagine it will not be long before buildings and contents policies stipulate SPDs as a requirement in their T&Cs.

443.4 continues with a catch-all, after (i) through (iv) are satisfied, by detailing an exception to the requirement being "single dwelling units where the total value of the installation and equipment therein does not justify such protection". Personally I can't see many exceptions, when considering the small price of installing this protection, ultimately this would be the insurer's call and I imagine it will not be long before buildings and contents policies stipulate SPDs as a requirement in their T&Cs.
yes and one of those .1kg powder fire extinguisher - https://www.bing.com/aclick?ld=d35-hGec72LItOV39wUzO4ATVUCUzf84aQxybQgksGoMh7csnn_Y5kcRh3ehOUkeK_g3YzaQXjsP9X9z73znvK8BbHcLUqlk69p89ZpxplbR0tdSIC-ctHp7Ic0Yv6VRNmjUndZalv37n3LXr3_LKwmLHLogfxz3vh-qZfYhYPtaPvzoCs&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww.fireprotectiononline.co.uk%2f1kg_powder-fire-extinguisher.html%3fmsclkid%3d%7bmsclkid%7d%26utm_source%3dbing%26utm_medium%3dcpc%26utm_campaign%3dSS%2520-%2520Shopping%2520-%2520Fire%2520Extinguishers%26utm_term%3d4583795257736090%26utm_content%3dFire%2520Extinguishers&rlid=9884bdf2defd120b0829e60b77adcf21

Ok buzz i get that you will not be installing them.

Would be intersted if other members will be taking the same approach?

you have more chances of being kissed on the lips by a giraffe.[/QUOTE]

I was kissed by a giraffe once when I was a kid on a visit to Flamingo Land Zoo many years ago. It lent over it's enclosure fence and reached down to me. I thought it was going to let me stroke it's head but it gave me a smacker on the forehead which is just as well as I wasn't into all that :confused:French kissing stuff at that age!

Reply to Spd & 18th..............,,,,,, in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock