Search the forum,

Discuss String vs Micro Inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PVFIT

We've recently quoted a customer for a 4kW ground mounted array. The array location is unshaded and is 5m away from their garage which has a consumer unit fed from the main house. We quoted for 16 panels plus a string inverter which would be housed in the garage.

Since our visit a competitor has been to see the customer and pushed her down the route of micro inverters, citing that they offer avoid "maintenance mounting up to around £5000 during the lifetime of a string inverter". This is news to me and sounds very much like a hard sell as the customer is now refusing to look at a string inverter - even though the company in question can not substantiate their claims and the customer herself is not technically minded. I am also surprised that they have opted for micro inverters for a site that does not suffer from any shading, and the inverter can be located within 5-10m of the array.

Am I missing something here? Or can someone forward me information on the ongoing maintenance costs for each type of inverter.

Many Thanks, Dave

Reply to String vs Micro Inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Newbie to the forum. I am planning to add solar power to my house and would like some advice regarding options with adding and inverter...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, I looking at having a new solar panel system installed in kent and would like some advice if you could spare some time. I have been...
Replies
Views
cdrive
C
M
I'm looking for some input on minimum installation standards for an installation that is a hybrid of US and EU equipment for an installation I am...
Replies
Views
We have been looking at a job with considerable shading on what would be the main location of panels. It is a big late Victorian Semi where we can...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock