Discuss Stuck on wiring system in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I am working on some archway lighting, after a finished install the contractor has changed his mind and wants all of the lights to come on at lux level 35 and half to switch off at 70 lux level via photocell.

I have wired the lights in a leap frog way as the lights are on both sides and the contractor wants a zig zag pattern when half are on.

My issue is I have 1 feed and no way of getting a new one. is this even possible or should I recommend a dusk until dawn photocell for one half and a time clock for the other?

TL;DR
Contractor changes his mind
Need to read all as it’s a sticky situation I’m in.
first thing is to inform the muppet that the work will be chargeable. then enter a silly high price. that should change his mind.

The simple answer is that if he wants the 50% lighting to be split across the sides then you'll need two switched lines on each side. I'm reading it as though you've a run along each side, with each run only having one switched line ?
Assuming you've installed what was first asked for, then I'm with Telectrix - you are under no obligation to make changes to support something that wasn't in the spec you were contracted to provide, so pick a price that makes you happy and walk away if they don't want to pay it.

Reply to Stuck on wiring system in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock