Discuss Suggest a forum category - The 4th Forum Thread Posted Ever, from 2007 in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

mabie we could have a story section about funny sparky's experiance, i dunno...... make things less formal and more fun?!?!:)

Luke
How about a section where regional DNO contact numbers can be posted.
I had no end of trouble when starting out trying to get hold of the correct depts at SSE, for things such as:

Informing of the removal of service cut out seal for cu change.
Installation details (Ze etc)
No suppliers earth present on pme system.

Just an idea.

I think we should devise a thread for all the newcomers to the site who are looking to become/retrain as electricians.

We could cover the following.

A) Possible routes to follow
B) List of possible quals to take
C) Offer advice on training centres/colleges (from personal experiences)
D) Advise on possible course costs and time scales

Because, let's face it, it can be a right pain in the arse trying to find your bearings!

Any more forum categories or sections wanted? Maybe a computer / telecommunications, maybe something that's a private 'pub' type forum for regular selected members, maybe something about a topic that's semi-related like central heating or something?

Ok I got one. How about we have a for sale / wanted section? We all buy bits and pieces and sell our 'old' kit from time to time so it's an opportunity to pick up a bargain and clear the garage / shed of unwanted tools / accessories. What do you think?

Ok I got one. How about we have a for sale / wanted section? We all buy bits and pieces and sell our 'old' kit from time to time so it's an opportunity to pick up a bargain and clear the garage / shed of unwanted tools / accessories. What do you think?

Good idea Cirrus.
Some unused test kit in my garage that would be on it.

That's the idea Easyfox. What ya got?

Megger (cont/IR) BM221
Megger (EFLI) LT7
Megger (rcd) CB3

Not calbrated but would be ok for anybody starting out I suppose.

They've been sat in the garage for the past 2 or 3 years doing sweet FA. Saying that I did use the them a few weeks ago after wiring a radial for the sockets In my garage in MI....couldn't at the time be bothered to go to the van for the Fluke.

Reply to Suggest a forum category - The 4th Forum Thread Posted Ever, from 2007 in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock