Discuss Suggestions / advice / help..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

123KsB123

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Hi all, me again.

Hopefully this is the right thread if not I'm sure it will get moved. As some of you may know from my earlier post I am offering free labour in return for experience.

For those that don't know, in a nutshell I was leaving the military, completed the domestic installer course, realised was not the best route to go down, staying in the military to finance level 2/3 diploma.

Like It mentions above I am willing to work for free in return for experience as I don't want the money outlayed for the domestic installers course to go to waste. I am currently in Barnstaple, North Devon but willing to travel throughout the county. (Plymouth, Exeter etc)
The only restriction really would be the timings / days available as hours are not set hours, neither is the routine. However, I have a 4 week block of leave coming up.

From the replies from my last post, unfortunately an apprenticeship is not viable. I understand that I would be taking a pay cut upon leaving the military and gaining employment but a cut between ÂŁ19k - ÂŁ22k (allowances included) as an apprentice with a family to look after isn't doable.

If you think you may be able to help, have advice or any questions I am all ears.

Cheers again,
Kieran.

Hi all, me again.

Hopefully this is the right thread if not I'm sure it will get moved. As some of you may know from my earlier post I am offering free labour in return for experience.

For those that don't know, in a nutshell I was leaving the military, completed the domestic installer course, realised was not the best route to go down, staying in the military to finance level 2/3 diploma.

Like It mentions above I am willing to work for free in return for experience as I don't want the money outlayed for the domestic installers course to go to waste. I am currently in Barnstaple, North Devon but willing to travel throughout the county. (Plymouth, Exeter etc)
The only restriction really would be the timings / days available as hours are not set hours, neither is the routine. However, I have a 4 week block of leave coming up.

From the replies from my last post, unfortunately an apprenticeship is not viable. I understand that I would be taking a pay cut upon leaving the military and gaining employment but a cut between ÂŁ19k - ÂŁ22k (allowances included) as an apprentice with a family to look after isn't doable.

If you think you may be able to help, have advice or any questions I am all ears.

Cheers again,
Kieran.
do not devalue yourself. don't work for nothing. even as a spark's mate, you should command min. ÂŁ10.hour. try for agency work (blagg a little) or fin a small company local that needs hands-on help.

do not devalue yourself. don't work for nothing. even as a spark's mate, you should command min. ÂŁ10.hour. try for agency work (blagg a little) or fin a small company local that needs hands-on help.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate what you say about devaluing myself, the reason I am offering free labour is because I will still be getting paid by the MOD so don't want to be 'greedy' for a word, especially seeing as the person would be doing me favour and would almost guarantee be making a few mistakes until ive got a grasp of it.

I am currently messaging local firms like you suggested but as of yet no luck, hence another post by me on here.
With regards to an agency, they are all asking for qualifications / experience. How far is 'blag a little'. Last thing I want to do is blag it, mess it up and get tarnished with the 'bad / rookie / inexperienced domestic installer' brush if you know what I mean.

Thanks again,

Kieran

as for agencies, go for spark's mate jobs. just say you have some experience, but not yet ready to work unsupervised. get a cscs card to allow you to get past the site gestapo.

I’m really proud for you doing the proper and right way - and thank you for your service. I sincerely wish it all comes good for you. Unfortunately I’m at the other end of the country else would offer you some experience.

Reply to Suggestions / advice / help..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock