Discuss Suggestions for music in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Sundays are the day when I take my middle daughter to our local ice rink for a little skate around.
I started going when I was 15, then came back to it when we moved back to the borders in ‘07…. I got dragged into tutoring at the club… teaching the small ones the basics…. Taught all 3 of mine. Eldest is in a student skating club at uni. Youngest isn’t interested, but the middle one still wants to go..

So today, skating around.. I was listening to the music they play and thought what is, and what isn’t suitable.

For an example… they played Elton John. “I’m still standing”… but only just!

Skater Boi….. possibly. Born Slippy… of course.

So, a few rules.
Nothing obvious. Ie, nothing by Ice Cube, Ice T or Vanilla Ice.
Nothing too dancey…. Or at least nothing that instructs how to do the dance….
“It’s just a jump to the left….” On the ice, it’s mayhem!

I’ll get a few suggestions, and make up a YouTube playlist.

Foreigner - Cold as ice
The album by Bonjovi - Slippery when wet

Foreigner - Cold as ice
The album by Bonjovi - Slippery when wet
Yes. That’s what I’m looking for!

Actually not been for a few weeks with other things going on, but we’re booked for this Sunday.

Last time I was there, I did the “off duty sparky” thing and started looking at their light fittings.
They used to have 3 rows of 7 mercury low bays and would on occasion turn off the outer 2 rows and just leave the middle. Ambience? No… cost measures.

Over last summer, they had a new roof put on and rewired the lights to 3 rows of 9 LED.
I had nothing to do with it, I might add, but I noticed a couple of things.

The groups that switch are now in 3 squares of 9, not in rows… so if they turn off or lose lights through a fault, there is a huge black hole.

They still use the original 10A 3 gang switch to turn them on. I don’t think they’re through a contactor or anything.
9 x 250W or whatever with inrush?

And… the fire detection equipment that was fixed to the old roof is just hanging now, coiled up on its fp200. I guess they’re waiting until the season ends again so they can melt the ice and bring in a cherry picker.

Reply to Suggestions for music in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock