Discuss Supply to summer house. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not everyone knows the answers to everything Davesparks we're not all blessed like yourself :tongue3:

Nothing wrong with asking others better methods, even if you do know the answers, confirmation is helpful, and sometimes we ask questions without thinking them through!

Hostility is now in the other forum, let it stay there.

I really don't have a problem with this sort of installation. I've just quoted to run a supply to a tiny summerhouse. They want a double socket to plug in a small tubular heater to take the chill off plus a radio and a couple of wall lights. No problem taking this off a socket circuit via a SFCU. Max load is probably going to be less than 3A.

On the other hand, I'm doing two 'garden office' supplies this week. Both on 32A dedicated circuits.

What you do in your own house is up to you, but if you sell that to a customer as an installation design then that's a different matter.

I don't see how spurring from a ring circuit to feed a summer house gives good segregation of circuits or minimises the potential disruption in the event of a fault.

I really don't see the point in replies like this, and the forum is risking going back to it's 'unfriendly' nature which it had a few months ago.

What is wrong with an FCU on the ring feeding a summer house with minimal load. Potential disruption is minimised, fusing is appropriate, RCD protection is in place. He's already looked in to going direct back to the board and can't so at least he's considered it.

Daz

Daz

Reply to Supply to summer house. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net