Discuss Suspended ceiling - how do you run lighting calbles ? ? ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

yes there is 18 ( 3 x 6 ) luminaiers and the area is more less 8 x 14

perfect - and this is the stuff that i am gonna use for this job, just wonder how strong is the fixing and if will handle a bunch of for example 5 x 2.5mm2 but that is not the problem as they do not need to be bunched in 5

they are really strong ,once in you cant get em out....all depends on the size of tie wrap as to how many cables:):):)

U should keep cables off a ceiling grid as it isnt earthed it could become live in the event of a fault.The cheapest and easiest way is to use metal allround band and make a loop and drill and screw it to the concrete ceiling above the suspended%2

Last edited by a moderator:
Hager Klik are always the best option as when you've installed your lighting as per the plan some plank will come along and put lockers/MCC panels or anything else that will block the light directly underneath and you'll have to move everything.

There was an occasion in belfast where a fault developed on a ceiling grid with cables the ceiling fitter stuck to it.Nothing to do with weight.How can u earth a ceiling gid they are clipped together and give poor continuity.

Trebor the prewired connection come in a veriety of lenghts but a coil of flex and the connections and you can make them whatever lenght you need. When i served my time in first year it was an apprentices job to sit and make them up.

like some1 else said the easiest way is these black plug things (forgot there name) but you just drill a hole knock it in with a hammer and there is an eye for a cable tie to go through electricfix catalogue page 55

So how would we go about fixing to a fire resistant plasterboard ceiling above a suspended ceiling in a shop with flats above?

Reply to Suspended ceiling - how do you run lighting calbles ? ? ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net