Discuss Temperature of LED light. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I took this Lucedo 10w bulb out earlier as I wanted another the same, it was bloody hot.
Tested temperature with an eBay IR gun and it’s at 98 degree’s. is this normal?! I don’t have much experience with lighting.

Attachments

• 235D8CE0-0844-44E1-80B4-E69FE04B4C0C.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 36
Kind of hard to see the fitting properly. Some of them do get that hot. You are maybe measuring the metal fins(?) that dissipate the heat from the light. Personally I think that it is too hot anyway. However the cable going into it will not really be able to withstand those temperatures and will probably already have begun to deteriorate. You can get other LED lights that do not get as hot as that. Might be wise to invest in something else. Maybe take it back to IKEA and tell them your electrician says it does not meet regs as any metal part of any electrical item must not exceed a certain temperature that is beyond the required. In reg. 423.1 the max temp of a part intended to be touched which is metallic is 80C so you have by any standards a non CE product which should technically never have been installed in your house.
[automerge]1581273525[/automerge]
No, around 11am when I got out of bed!
Morning Hon' just gonna check the temperature of the light fitting:D
[automerge]1581273662[/automerge]
Lucedo or Luceco?

Last edited:
It’s the plastic part between the globe and the Edison fitting that’s hot.
Luceco it is.
Just that wall clock's not very clear. Looks like 5.25 from a distance.

Ah, I took it out this morning because I wanted to buy another the same. It was later in the day - 5:22pm I suspect, as the clock is 3 minutes fast that I got round to measuring the temperature.
[automerge]1581277434[/automerge]
Just checked the eBay laser gun on a cup of just boiled water and it was 90c.

Attachments

• 9E6CF6A6-9AB1-47BE-8FED-6CA5719AC1EF.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 18

Reply to Temperature of LED light. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net