Discuss Terminate or lug in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Good. That's the trouble with braid, it causes dodgy terminations in the long term.
Another solution would be a ferrule bootlace if you can find any of the size you require.

you can get either pin lugs, or bootlace ferules, You can get them for most sizes of cable, but they require crimping. Pin lugs are often used where the cable is too large for the terminals ie, for volt drop reasons. You crimp the lug on and it has a pin which is then inserted into the terminal

Reply to Terminate or lug in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello. New member here. Electrical enthusiast. I am at a friend's house in the Bahamas and decided to look at the load center in the house, which...
Replies
Views
Hello - I'm looking to help determine how many connections are allowed on my AC disconnect terminal lugs - Eaton DPU22R. I'm not seeing anything...
Replies
Views
I have taken delivery of an undersink water heater. It is fitted with an RCD on the electrical supply cable which terminates with a euro-plug. I...
Replies
Views
Just wondering what everyone’s view on this is, if you’re mourning cooker or hob switch in cupboard close by. Would you still terminate into an...
Replies
Views
I recently purchased a rural property in Arizona. The property receives power from APS, the local electric utility. Power arrives from the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock