Discuss Testing Ex display in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all i'm after some advice please,

I was trained as a pat tester for my company a few years back (10 years)to test ex display lamps ect ect, we did it for a few years but due to time it fell by the wayside.

so our company has invested in a new pat testing machine to test lamps/fridges/ect the machine is a megger pat 150R,

now when i used to test lamps it was always with incandescent bulbs(ones with filaments) now everything is energy or led.

am i right in saying our pat tester with fail these as there is no continuity ,

just all the lamps i am testing with energy or led bulbs are failing.

can somebody point me in the right direction i did question our company whether im still covered for pat testing as i did my course so long ago they said there is no legal requirement to do so im based in the UK.

Thanks in advance

Stu

If I'm understanding that unit correctly, that flashing switch icon means that appliance itself it not switched on or is failing open circuit - Is it switched on? The failed test appears to be insulation (R Ins Iso), not Continuity so a plausible failure of insulation on that class 2 item?

Yes that is what I mean. Are these just standard lamp holders if so is it possible to short across the terminals.

Hi all i'm after some advice please,

I was trained as a pat tester for my company a few years back (10 years)to test ex display lamps ect ect, we did it for a few years but due to time it fell by the wayside.

so our company has invested in a new pat testing machine to test lamps/fridges/ect the machine is a megger pat 150R,

now when i used to test lamps it was always with incandescent bulbs(ones with filaments) now everything is energy or led.

am i right in saying our pat tester with fail these as there is no continuity ,

just all the lamps i am testing with energy or led bulbs are failing.

can somebody point me in the right direction i did question our company whether im still covered for pat testing as i did my course so long ago they said there is no legal requirement to do so im based in the UK.

Thanks in advance

Stu
Advice if you havn't already got one , get o copy of the CoP for ISITEE. " In Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment"

Not sure how the tester will see it if the terminals of the lamp holder bridged out but you could try it as this will create a closed circuit.

Reply to Testing Ex display in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net