Discuss Testing TFT monitors in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

af1

Hi, was just wondering if anybody could tell me if TFT monitors are PAT tested seperately or tested with the computer?

Last edited by a moderator:
well i wouldnt 'test' any IT equipment

monitors would need be double insulated, so the only thing you would give it is an FVI

when testing things like this, (FVI or CIT) it is better to do them seperately, as there is no guarantee that monitir will stay with that base station anyway

Depends on what make and model of PAT tester you use. Seaward Supanova has a IT test setting so should be ok to test.

Depends on what make and model of PAT tester you use. Seaward Supanova has a IT test setting so should be ok to test.

but Ian, if its class 2, what would you test?

I thought there was an exemption for devices using fully moulded IEC connectors

not aware of any excemption, i have an adaptor with my megger pat testers, so i would remove the IEC lead (if it seperates from the monitor/printer/computer etc, I would then test and register this seperately, and just give the monitor an FVI

Last edited by a moderator:
#i think thats the case you can test the lead without it being connected if the TFT is daisy chained off the PC PSU I'm not sure

#i think thats the case you can test the lead without it being connected if the TFT is daisy chained off the PC PSU I'm not sure

just check the IEC lead as a seperate entity regardelss

I test the leads (CIT) and inspect the IT equipment (FVI) and thats it

Reply to Testing TFT monitors in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock