Discuss testing the isntalation confusion in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

abs

hi guys
could anyone show me a linck to testing web ,just doing my C&G2330 and when it come to testing resistivity and contunuity and polarity my istalation its confusion ..why do we have to join the earth cables and lives and earth or what ever.. when i asked the teacher..he said u got momrise it...it dosen't make sence ,,,this all done to the college ..coz we didn't have a theory teacher since we started antil the last week..
appreciate any reply.
taa
abs.

Two of the dead tests that you should do before livening up the installation are continuity of the cpc (earth) so basically are there any breaks in the earth wire? and polarity (have you got the live and neutral the right way round? If you join the earth and live together at one end and at the other test between the two wires to see if you have a complete circuit you will being doing both these tests at the same time. because if your ohmmeter says open circuit there is either a break in the earth (or live) or the polarity is reversed.
This test is referred to as the R1+R2 test R1 being the value of resistance of the phase (live) and R2 the CPC (earth).
Hope this helps if not Brian Scaddan's book's are helpful and not too expensive.

What college do you go to? i worked briefly for Uxbridge

Last edited by a moderator:
hi andy
thanx for reply you been very helpfull ,i study in city and westminster college in london,padington green ..good college but we had a bad luck this years ..shortige in teachers.. they finaly got us an proper electrician not trained to be a teacher !!! to teach us wich is good.. hopefully we catch up kwik ..lol
nice one ..
thanx for ur help again...and i will the book anyway!!
taa.

Reply to testing the isntalation confusion in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock