Discuss The new green bs7671 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

linetech

Not sure if anything has been posted the subject!

I heard from a mate who had just recently bought the BGB and he has found that it may be a fake, pages faint and lines on the edge of pages. Thing is I just bought one for myself a few days ago, same place as him, amazon. He said he contacted the seller, spinney I think it was and they have agreed to refund. Odd thing is they have asked no questions and agreed to refund asap. Mine arrived the other day and the same thing lines on pages horizontally at outer edges. Ive contacted my seller, different seller to my mate - JAGRI, and they have informed me that the lines are to identify the ammedments & additions.. Not sure this is nonsense or what!?!. Thinking of making a complaint but cant be sure if the genuine version actually has lines too.

Anyone got a new regs with lines??

Cheers

was a thread yesterday on the same thing. load of fakes. think you have probably got a fake. claim a refund.

No faint printing like on my mates, all as normal.. It also feels the same quality as my red book.. I dont know maybe Im lucky.. Is there any definative way of finding out other than the faint print?

Cheers

Further investigation and yes, the book has horizontal & vertical lines on many pages, but more vertical lines.. Another look and it appears to be good on the print and nothing faint..

Reply to The new green bs7671 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I had a new consumer unit installed in December 2021, the electrician said that he had more testing to complete and would come back...
Replies
Views
When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock