Discuss Thompson Local Advertising in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spazz

I have just agreed to Thompson Local Advertising at £400 + VAT per year for 6 classified search listings

I am wondering what everyone's feedback is in regards to Thompson Local?

I know they are not as big as Yell, but has anyone used them and how much work has it generated for them?

Many Thanks

personally i would cancel your ad with thompson local. Ive paid for this ad online and also in the book which does NOT generate any business what so ever. i know other trades that have also got no work out of this ad.

its more effective to advertise in local community magazines.

if you still want an ad in thompson local and yell just do as stated above and just go for the free ads.

Advertising is trial and error. You never know with Yell or Thompson Local. You could get absolutely nothing for 8 months and then get a really lucrative contract through your ad, which pays you more than the ad cost. A lot of it is down to luck.

However, take anything their advertising salespeople tell you with a pinch of salt; in spite of the millions of click throughs and calls they claim to generate, most will be people wanting business from you, not wanting to give you business.

And another thing, people that look through Yell and Thompson Local generally pick the nearest bloke. Be wary of paying to advertise in a very large area.

Reply to Thompson Local Advertising in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I’m wondering the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to advertise locally for small jobs I can do in the evening after working for a bigger...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would like some advice on the below. Context: Rural French domestic installation TT system Earth rod is situated inside the property...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Last year arranged for my mother's and my consumer units to be changed by the same electrician who is NICEIC registered. Both jobs...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone could help me with something that has been niggling me please?! When a Solar PV feed in circuit is installed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock