Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Those lovely fitting from local DIY store in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

You know the ones,bolts attached to the back,fit the front,then fiddle with the dome nuts.
Bottom entry,you don’t have achance &1.5 mm cables,I nearly smashed it to bits.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
bit of blu-tac on the bolt heads. chase mortar to get cable rear entry.

Midwest

-
Arms
Esteemed
Those poxy dome nuts. First time I put one up, dropped one onto gravel below. Couldn't find it :mad: Now put sheet underneath :)

Round here, its mostly reconstructed stone, so no flat surface to fit the light, and the bolts pop out the back :mad: Fit some duct tape across the back to stop em :)

pirate

-
Arms
Esteemed
Somewhat against my better judgement, I fitted one of these last week:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/sasha-3-light-spotlight-white-220-240v/2489v

To my surprise, it was actually quite good, as cheap fittings go.
my main plus point is that the base is easily wide enough to cover most holes previously made in the ceiling. I was able to utilise one existing screw hole, make one more, and it all connected up easily. Not top drawer for looks, but actually a winner for me in the circumstances.

1Justin

-
Arms
To be a lighting designer needs a sadistic tendency. Valued talents include sourcing microscopic junction boxes and screws in teeny ready to throw-away bags. After all, bell-wire fits inside most connectors adequately. Experience of the real world a disadvantage.

Reply to Those lovely fitting from local DIY store in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom