Discuss Three phase INDUSTRIAL fuse board recommendation in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello I have a small industrial unit with a messy distribution board. It has 100A breaker and around 10 circuits (lights, sockets, air compressor, three phase 16A fuse etc....)

Can you recommend a quality new board from Schneider Havell or Hager?

Schneider acti-9 are the best quality choice for TPN boards that I have used. Very keen to see the new P boards Davesparks mentions above.

Hager are a good alternative, and probably cheaper, but the current range is not as robust as the last incarnation. Much thinner case and assembly meaning a bit of twist can send things awry. Fine if care taken on mounting though. I have much faith in their device quality though.

Schneider acti-9 are the best quality choice for TPN boards that I have used. Very keen to see the new P boards Davesparks mentions above.

h.

I've had a look at one, not fitted any yet though. They are on the shelf at my usual wholesalers and schneider have priced them slightly cheaper than the standard board to encourage their use. The old boards are still available and fully supported.

Schneider
Earth bar position can be a nuisance though.
Also need to change the name back to MG.

Agree about the earth bar, especially on larger boards. Why would reverting the name make you feel better ?

Schneider may well have aquired Square D but you have to give them some due that they continue to produce products for the QO, QOE, K and other ranges as opposed to saying they are obsolete. They have excellent customer support and are the go to manufacture for bespoke products.

Nostalgia
I grew up with Merlin and the trouble with the Schneider brand is that it is associated with so many poor quality products...

I also trained fitting a lot of MG products, and also worked a lot with Square D gear, which I think are both quality ranges under the Schneider banner. The MG multi-9 range has only been improved upon under Schneider and not compromised in my opinion.

They handily keep some branding on, so I know the difference between Schneider Tower cable clips (rubbish) and Schneider Thorsman cable clips.
I also don't mind their Lisse white plastic accessory range, but avoid their GET origin stuff.

As long as you know what you're fitting it's no problem really.

Is anything like the quality it once was. Aside from the rcd pods, great idea that it was Memshield 2 including its mccb distribution panels were second to none but Memshield 3 are a poor relation in terms of quality and I would now not resort to them. To me Schneider are the front runner.

Is anything like the quality it once was. Aside from the rcd pods, great idea that it was Memshield 2 including its mccb distribution panels were second to none but Memshield 3 are a poor relation in terms of quality and I would now not resort to them. To me Schneider are the front runner.

Changed a 12 way TPN board week before last. Merlin Gerin came out and Hager went in. The old board was probably 4 times the weight of the new one. You couldn't have flexed the old board much at all holding opposite corners, but the new one was floppy just picking it up. The DB wall thickness was very noticeable.

Schneider may well have aquired Square D but you have to give them some due that they continue to produce products for the QO, QOE, K and other ranges as opposed to saying they are obsolete. They have excellent customer support and are the go to manufacture for bespoke products.
Crabtree could learn a thing or two

I also like Dorman Smith Distribution Boards

Changed a 12 way TPN board week before last. Merlin Gerin came out and Hager went in. The old board was probably 4 times the weight of the new one. You couldn't have flexed the old board much at all holding opposite corners, but the new one was floppy just picking it up. The DB wall thickness was very noticeable.
My issue with Hager is that the breakers are only Pollution Category 2.
So unsuitable for some industrial enviromnents.

I also recently fitted a Hager TPN board, and decided to use one with the new metal hinged front door instead of Perspex front door.

Like Andy78, I found the new Hager board a bit flimsy, the metal casing is too thin in my opinion. I had a couple of SWA glands to install and I had to be careful not to bend the casing wall in moving the cables.

Schneider is good, crabtree also good and I have used a few contactum boards at lower end of budget which have also been surprisingly good. Not a fan of hager have a cheap feel to the dist board and definetly not good value for money I'd avoid

I was looking at one of the new Schneider boards in the wholesalers today..
The RCBO seemed a bit loose in its terminals..
Is this usual with the new push in type or is there a secure locking mechanism rather than just the push in din rail clip?
Still making good contact I suppose, just like other push in terminals..
Got a 36 way board swap next week so I’m going to get one and see how it goes..
The Hager boards also waste so much room, for equal size boards the Schneider has many more ways

SJD can you fit 2 boards in Coventry? I have list of circuits
I need 2.new board Schneider or Hager. I prefer a complete solution with fitted energy meters and RCBOs. Each board will be fitted with 63A 3 phase breaker.

There is one incoming supply.100A we will split it in two circuits to feed 2 building

Reply to Three phase INDUSTRIAL fuse board recommendation in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock