Discuss Three Phase Power Supplies in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spark2019

Hi I'm new to the forum & currently still learning the trade, would someone please be able to clear this up for me as I keep getting conflicting information, my understanding of three phase power supplies is, if you have a standard system in place say TPN supply & 3 x main cut out's, fused at 100 Amps then surly this give you 100 Amps per phase only, I think I'm wright in thinking this, any advise would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums.

You are quite correct in your assumption. If the service fuses are 100A each, you will have 100A per phase available to you.

I'm surprised you've received conflicting information on such a basic question.

Hi Sparky Chick.
Thanks a lot for your quick response, I'm still currently learning the trade, I new it was as simple as this, the lads where having a discussion on site & coming up with all sorts, which then made me question my self, as can get confusing sometimes with what people say thanks again.

quite simply, each phase has a 100A fuse, so each phase can handle 100A.

Have you been going through your phases,again? ;)
no, but I'm going through the local Spar's stock of Old Peculier faster than they can get it in. apparently they only have 5 cases each week and I'm the only one that buys it.

Reply to Three Phase Power Supplies in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All So I'm not long out of my college days and unfortunately I didn't have a lot of exposure to three phase and commercial wiring systems...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, So, a friend of mine has a three phase 100a supply and wants to install 2 x three phase 20a fork lift chargers and a three phase car...
Replies
Views
Absolutely losing my brain here guys What I would like to be able to do is power our 3 phase motor on a single phase supply. Thought I had it...
Replies
Views
Some advise or views would be appreciated. My supply is 100 amp single phase. I purchased my property 3 years ago or so, the owner prior to the...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock