Discuss Timer and contactor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Can I suggest to apply for the trainee section, you will find this section informative with guys like yourself helping each other through their college courses.

why do you use a contatcor and a timer?

you use a timer if you want to time something to come on and off at a certain time and you would normally use a contactor if what you are switching has a high start up current that the OCPD cant cope with or what ever you are wanting to use to act as the switch (in this case a timer) cant cope with the load so you use a contactor and a timer to switch the coil so the timer does not take the brunt.

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲what he says.

You will take a L&N from consume unit and bring it to the time clock.

You will then take SWL from time clock to the contactor.

Connect aforementioned SWL to A1 and N to A2

Bring a permanent L and N to the N/O contacts of contactor and the SWL and SWN goes to light fittings.

Reply to Timer and contactor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Wondering if you could offer some advice please. I carried out a small outdoor lighting project today at a commercial property. 4 lights...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I know this is very simple but I would like some advice please. I am installing a new circuit to feed 5 external floodlights. It is...
Replies
Views
I'd like to find a timer switch, in a style that looks alright next to decora light switches, to control a bathroom fan. The bathroom fan...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Thankyou in advance for your help I have a block of 5 stories with a staircase timer already installed in a 3 wire connection setup. I...
Replies
Views
I need to handle power failure for my electric strikes in my house. Of course, I can leave the keyed entry on the knobs, but what if I wanted to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock