Discuss Towel rail will not swich off when heating timer goes off in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Looking for some advice..... I work with a 4 zone heating timer programmer. Zone1 = kitchen,hall & towel rail but just in the last week when the heating goes off the towel rail comes straight back on so it must be something to do with towel rail signal as kitchen & hall heaters go off. The Timer clock is only 1 year old so can't be that. Can it be anything to do with pilot wire interface connected to the towel rail?

Can we have some more details? For example is this a wet system?
It may be that the towel rail is not actually in the zone and is being used as a bypass valve.
does the towel rail stay on a while, or just a few minutes?

sticking zone valve comes to mind.

Can we have some more details? For example is this a wet system?
It may be that the towel rail is not actually in the zone and is being used as a bypass valve.
does the towel rail stay on a while, or just a few minutes?

sticking zone valve comes to mind.
Hi Littlespark
This is an electric towel rail and has always been programmed with the other two but just recently goes off with heating timer then comes straight back on and stays on. Very Bizarre thats why I thought it may be to do with the pilot wire interface not following instruction from timer pilot wire??

Reply to Towel rail will not swich off when heating timer goes off in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views
m having a bit of an issue that is proving difficult to resolve. For 2 years I have been having no problems with my setup. I have a 3 zone house...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a slightly mish-mash heating set up, in that downstairs I have wet underfloor heating with an individual thermostat per room, but...
Replies
Views
Hi Absolutely 0 knowledge of this so excuse language / terms / explanation. Electric only ground floor 2 bed flat ( 3 external walls) On peak...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock