Discuss Trade Qualified Ltd in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

John_

Hi, im interested in doing a course , iv been hearing bad things about other companies offering "fast track" courses. Has anyone done a course with Trade Qualified Ltd? i spoke to one advisor from the company and he never once tried to hard sell me the course, he said i should take my time in making a decision as its a big step.

Below is what they are offering for 5-6k, can anyone tell me if im getting my money's worth?

**Inspection Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations City & Guilds 2391-10
**The 17th Edition of the Institute of Electrical Engineers Wiring Regulations
City & Guilds 2382
**Electrical Portable Appliance Testing City & Guilds 2377
Trade Qualified Ltd {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

**Domestic Installer Certificate (for Part P certification) - Full Scope
**Essential Electrics

**Appointed Persons First Aid Health and Safety Executive
**CSCS Site Safety Card Joint Industry Board

The17th Edition Regulations are a legal requirement from 1 July 2008. All students will sit this examination to comply with the new legislation.** The C&G 2391-10 has been updated from the C&G 2391-01 and will incorporate changes arising from the new 17th Edition Regulations. There were plans to rename the qualification to the 2392 but this will not now occur.

Many Thanks
John

No this is a bit expensive, Try technique training if you can get down there, did the course with them and was impressed with the resources and lecturing staff and the after course support that they provide.

good luck

Pete

Hi, im interested in doing a course , iv been hearing bad things about other companies offering "fast track" courses. Has anyone done a course with Trade Qualified Ltd? i spoke to one advisor from the company and he never once tried to hard sell me the course, he said i should take my time in making a decision as its a big step.

Below is what they are offering for 5-6k, can anyone tell me if im getting my money's worth?

**Inspection Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations City & Guilds 2391-10
**The 17th Edition of the Institute of Electrical Engineers Wiring Regulations
City & Guilds 2382
**Electrical Portable Appliance Testing City & Guilds 2377

**Domestic Installer Certificate (for Part P certification) - Full Scope
**Essential Electrics

**Appointed Persons First Aid Health and Safety Executive
**CSCS Site Safety Card Joint Industry Board

The17th Edition Regulations are a legal requirement from 1 July 2008. All students will sit this examination to comply with the new legislation.** The C&G 2391-10 has been updated from the C&G 2391-01 and will incorporate changes arising from the new 17th Edition Regulations. There were plans to rename the qualification to the 2392 but this will not now occur.

Many Thanks
John

Do not know where you got told this but the 17th Edition is a NON-STATUTARY document and therefore not a legal document. It is the EAWR and HSWA which are legal documents and the 17th can be used in court to show that you are not complying with them.

2392 is a course which is a level 2 which deals with inspection and verification of single phase installations such as houses and not the full blown 2391 which does 3 phase installations.

hi guys, thanks for the replies. I know what they are offering is on the expensive side but i don't mind as its a investment into my future.

Technique training i did have a look at but 4 weeks to do theory and pratical seems too short, with Trade Qualified Ltd you do 4 weeks pratical split into 4 1 weekers and rest is theory for a year or maybe more depends how much you study in your spare time.

College is not a option for me as its part-time and they only offer it during my work hours, need to keep my current job and study the trade.

Ok so ian.settle1 the Inspection Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations City & Guilds 2391-10 they are offering is that the best you can get when it comes to installation?

Many Thanks
John

Do it at college if you can.... there are colleges out there that will run part time eves or even weekends. Make sure you start your NVQ while you're at it.... I've read lots of threads on here bad mouthing the value of the NVQ 3 but at the end of the day that is the only way you will become recognised as a fully qualified electrician across the board. Also useful if you ever decide to look for work abroad.

hi i recommend you do the 2330 first, its a bit longer but you can skip the first year so only will be 2 years, this will give you the technical qualification and during this you can do the nvq which will give you the practical qualification, the 17th edition is enrolled into this course so you wont have to sit the 60 question 17th exam. this is the better route you don't really need the P.A.T. qual if you not going to use it, the only other one you will do after this is the 2391 which will qualify you as an approved electrician.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everybody please READ this.

Trade qualified is a waste of money trust me I know, i`ve done the course and been ripped off. if you want the quals that tq offer you can go straight to the training centre and book it all there, it `ll save you a couple of thou. Please don`t go thorugh any training providers its a lot of expense for absolutely no help.

Please give details of centres to book at and what Trade Qualified actually provided for you.

Hi,
I have been looking at trade qualified aswell and have been delaying signing up. I spoke to a rep at the NICEIC ( shown on TQ's website) and she suggested that the only proper way into this career is through the 2330, however, she also said that 2330 is not necessary to be registered with them. Please can you let me know if you had any luck with the training centre.

I called the training centre a couple of times but never managed to speak to anyone that could answer my questions.
I have signed up with Trade Qualified as with the current job it is the only way I can complete the course.
Sorry I can't offer any helpful information.

it has often come up on this forum that the guys that have done the fast track themselves find it v difficult to get employment as electricians as contracters want people with more experience. the next step becomes offering on here to work for free, just look at the new member introductions. this is made much worse now because of high unemployment and a very slow property market etc etc, which is usually the last area to recover after a recession. if after taking this into consideration you still think now is a good time to start to learn to become an electrician i would seriously recommend taking the part time study option. this way is given greater respect in the industry and will allow you to continue to earn money elsewhere until nearer qualified. are you sure there are no evening classes you could try perhaps even in the next town.
i really dont want to dishearten, just trying to be realistic

Thanks for your interest, my situation is that from 1992 - 1996 I completed a 4 year Electricians apprenticeship, at the time I didn't sit the AM2 test to get my "ticket" as I joined the army. I am currently working overseas so I am only in the UK every 3 months which will allow me to do the practical side of the course. As mentioned I have all the qualifications from my apprenticeship minus the final exam I just need to get upto date with the current regulations and to get my tick in the box. I have kept my hand in on the practical side over the years.

I'm in the middle of doing this TQ course. At best they are hopeless. At worst they tell lies about the frequency of the courses. One course running every week I was told. Try one every three months, thats if you can get on it, then if you can get the time off work to attend. Avoid like the plauge and try reading Brian Scadden's Electrical Installation Work, book. It get's a bit tricky trying to just learn from a book, however Youtube and Wikipedia are a great assistance. Then look at local courses that give you the practical experiance that you will require.

Trade Qualified Ltd have shut their office and moved, and their phone lines are now dead. I have asked them for a refund of my 5k course, seeing as I can't complete it, because they have gone in to hiding. No response. Anyone with any further information about this company, I would certainly appreciate it.

That's shocking TQ sorry to hear that buddy. Can the police not do anything to find them for you, then take them to court?

Happening more and more with these ****ty little training providers, not sure what can be done to stop people like your good self getting stung though.

All the best, Mark.

Please read comments on atl i have just put comments on t q was connected to atl, I have contacted the police and the fraud company want anyone con Hi again i have just had a telephone call to say they have done a bunk a friend of mine has just visisted the site and the owners of next door has given him a contact and a address (removed) and police my son has also lost alot of money please keep intune to this site or look on this site for ATL we might be able to get our money back GOOD LUCK

It makes you sick when this happens, Unfortuantly getting your money back when companies go bust in a knightmare as all there assist get sold and whats left pays there creditors. HMRC are always top of the list and then if any is left over then it pays the next people on the lift

Horrible horrible news

it's funny how people keep using these training providers. colleges are far cheaper and you never see them doing a moonlight flit with six grand of your hard earned.

it's funny how people keep using these training providers. colleges are far cheaper and you never see them doing a moonlight flit with six grand of your hard earned.
I expect many people are in the same boat as we are - we have two young kids, my husband works from 7am to 7pm and simply doesn't have the spare time to do a college course.

Reply to Trade Qualified Ltd in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock