Discuss TT system - Reg 411.5.1 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

How would TN-S work if there’s no reference to earth?

It's not TT due to the fact that the reference point isn't transferred through the mass of earth. I.e from a rod at a house to the DNO tx.

A generator with a Rod is TN-S as in all intents and purpose it can be treated as a transformer secondary. Albeit with a low potential earth fault current.

You wouldn't rod a genny and then run phases to whatever you were feeding without a CPC just to install a second rod there. (This instance it would be TT)

Just looking at the second part of this reg with the statement " The neutral point or the midpoint of the power supply system shall be earthed. If the neutral point or midpoint is not available or not accessible, a line conductor shall be earthed"
My question is... I assume they are talking about the connection at the transformer sub station and if so why did they feel the need to add this, as I haven't seen it there before now?
Its all part of the wiring regs poking their nose into DNO matters. Just disregard it.

Its all part of the wiring regs poking their nose into DNO matters. Just disregard it.
Not really.

Many end users have their own transformers taking in at a mv or hv supply

To them, the earthing arrangements are very much to do with them, and not the DNO.

Reply to TT system - Reg 411.5.1 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock