Discuss Turning on space heater gives numb head and sluggish thinking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi how do i covertly protect myself from like electrical discharge? Whenever my coworker turns on her personal space heater the back of my head goes numb and its hard to think any thoughts / work. I already got a shock from something at the office and told about that and dont want to get fired for complaining. What can i do? Thanks

Have you had these symptoms checked by a G.P.?
Are you telling us that you are getting shocked by your coworker plugging it in and are you touching it at all or since you got shocked once it just scares you. I need more info to help and yes you need to complain. By your question you must be in a cubicle and they only have a 20 amp service which is 2000 watts cubicle for each and your coworker is using 1200 watts in her cubicle

Whenever my coworker turns on her personal space heater the back of my head goes numb and its hard to think any thoughts /
I've experienced similar sensitivities to
a) Warm air in a low ceiling situation
b) Fumes irritating throat from glue guns
.. Let the fan wars commence ..
Cardboard/cloth curtain barriers May be deemed a fire hazard !
(Did not make our selves popular with management !!)
( I use warmth and darkness to help me sleep )

Are you telling us that you are getting shocked by your coworker plugging it in and are you touching it at all or since you got shocked once it just scares you

I don't think the heater relates to the shocks. I think the OP believes that the heater is producing some kind of radiation that is affecting her brain.

There is a lot of scaremongering and quackery on the WWW about fields radiated from electrical equipment. Most of it is utter rubbish, intended to sell books, 'meters', cures etc. It is possible that she feels something when the heater is on, but most likely it is a perception not based on anything to do with EM fields. Of all appliances, a heater is one of the least likely to emit anything harmful.

Please talk over your symptoms with a doctor as mentioned above. You should not assume that what you experience is simply caused by the heater, at least not due to fields emanating from it, as this is vanishingly unlikely.

One other thought - it's not an infra-red heater is it?

Reply to Turning on space heater gives numb head and sluggish thinking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock