• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Two Meters- How do i change to Single Meter? in the Australian Electrician Advice forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HELP!!!! I have a dual occupancy house that is unoccupied for most of the year- holiday rented for about 12-15 weeks a year - so my electricity use is zero most of the time- most of my rather huge bills is produced not by consumption but by 2 sets of daily supply charges all year. Given I pay all the bills and the property is not permanent tenanted, What do I have to do to just have the whole house running of ONE set of meters/ supply charges instead of two??

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hi and welcome , the best thing to do is speak to your local. elec supplier and to local spark to see if any wiring needs to be changed .

What do I have to do to just have the whole house running of ONE set of meters/ supply charges instead of two??
Contact an electrician that is license to do work on the supply side of the meterbox. Plenty of the bigger contractors will do this. They only have to change a couple of wires and remove a meter. Not a big job if you get the right guy

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
You need to speak to your energy supplier to get one removed and the account suspended. Just chopping it out will not stop your standing charge.

Just chopping it out will not stop your standing charge.
anyone that is licenced to work on the supply side of the box will do all of that for you.
Years ago you just applied at your energy supplier.... now there are so many suppliers, now it is the contractors job

Last edited:
Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Two Meters- How do i change to Single Meter? in the Australian Electrician Advice forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom