Discuss Two white cables loop link in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Has anyone ran into this issue when replacing a vanity light? The white thick wires are continuously looped and on one side of the loop the wire is marked with black tape. Do I wrap both black wires to half of the loop? Thanks for any advice.9B92A4C6-C61A-4EFB-9561-4B2793EB7B04.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The rounded ends were screwed into an old light socket (two white and one ground). I have two black and two white and no grounding screw on this vanity lamp.

Reply to Two white cables loop link in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I installed 6 recessed lights in my living room. I’m now up to the wiring part of the project. There is an outlet in the room that is...
Replies
Views
A 3 wire cable. Black, red, and white only. No ground. What does it mean when, black to white 0v, black to red 120v, red to white 120v? Thanks...
Replies
Views
I am replacing some of the old receptacles in a 1940s house. Armored BX cable, two conductors, cable is the ground. Mostly pretty straightforward...
Replies
Views
A simple outlet, 110v a single (2) outlets on the left side of the box, a spst switch on the right, with a single cover, covering them both. The...
Replies
Views
I have a box powering three 3-phase motors off of one 240V single phase line, NEMA 10-30. In the picture you can see a wiring diagram. The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock