Discuss UK cable 1mm coloured red blue yellow -- what is it? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

could it by any chance be the 3 core red/blue/white of the 70s which had no cpc(earth),maybe the white has discoloured a bit.clutching at straws but that most definetly had no earth.
No, definitely solid yellow - that is what attracted attention, we use loads of different colours for live and returns in France when wires are put in ICA/ICTA tubing in the structure of buildings (the multicoured runs can look quite pretty) , but yellow is not one of them, we can use white so long as we call it Ivoire (Ivory coloured) - and older electriciens like to use lots of that for old times sake... (white and blue is like your red and black to the old hands :D ).

No, definitely solid yellow - that is what attracted attention, we use loads of different colours for live and returns in France when wires are put in ICA/ICTA tubing in the structure of buildings (the multicoured runs can look quite pretty) , but yellow is not one of them, we can use white so long as we call it Ivoire (Ivory coloured) - and older electriciens like to use lots of that for old times sake... (white and blue is like your red and black to the old hands :D ).

So much for the European cable/wire colour harmonization then ...lol!!!

So much for the European cable/wire colour harmonization then ...lol!!!

what harmonization? it's only the UK that abides by stupid european rules. i say get out of the EU, flood the tunnel,
raise the drawbridge.

How they came up with Brown/Black/Grey boggles the mind

In my opinion Red/Yellow/Blue would be the choice of Electricians actually tasked with using these strange,unsuitable shades of gods knows what they have lumbered the industry with
What numpties I wonder chose Grey has a phase colour ?:90:

How they came up with Brown/Black/Grey boggles the mind

In my opinion Red/Yellow/Blue would be the choice of Electricians actually tasked with using these strange,unsuitable shades of gods knows what they have lumbered the industry with
What numpties I wonder chose Grey has a phase colour ?:90:

Agree, ....at least you could easily distinguish between the old phase colours in bad/low lighting conditions, that's now neigh on impossible!! lol!!

Thanks for the offer Victor.
My French is virtually non existent, but, I assume it's a virtual copy, please send.
I might be going over soon so I can take it with me.
The locals do some lovel cider where this house is. :)

Reply to UK cable 1mm coloured red blue yellow -- what is it? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net