Discuss Under and upper cabinet lighting in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

ssall

-
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope someone can help.

We currently have under cabinet lighting installed in our kitchen (by the developers when buying the new build). Keen to extend this lighting to above the cabinets, there are additional unused connections available in the current electrical supply. Struggling to find the correct JST connector to connect the additional lighting to the existing power supply.

Picture of current wire/connector and the hub attached. Any ideas what the connector is called/where these can be bought from?

Thanks,
S

55713718507__F554D047-AEF1-4A9C-89C9-FC0C0F121D4A.JPG

IMG_2965.JPG

That looks like pretty much standard fare, from the likes of Howden Kitchens etc. Can't remember the make.

Your best bet, is to ask your developer who the kitchen manufacturer is; under cabinet lighting probably supplied by them.

Very generic. Reminds me of a Screwfix kit I fitted recently.
Either their LAP brand or Sensio.
Very similar to the ones from Howdens kitchens but about 1/4 the price

Looks like the connectors on the Sycamore lighting under cabinet lights we often fit. Good products. Normally use the Sirius - which I believe is the same as what Howdens supply

• Agree
Reactions: 123
Hi,

Hope someone can help.

We currently have under cabinet lighting installed in our kitchen (by the developers when buying the new build). Keen to extend this lighting to above the cabinets, there are additional unused connections available in the current electrical supply. Struggling to find the correct JST connector to connect the additional lighting to the existing power supply.

Picture of current wire/connector and the hub attached. Any ideas what the connector is called/where these can be bought from?

Thanks,
S

View attachment 43973

View attachment 43974

It looks to be along the lines of a Molex connector:

KK 254 Connector System - Molex - https://www.molex.com/molex/products/family?key=kk_254_rpc_connector_system&channel=PRODUCTS&chanName=family&pageTitle=Introduction&utm_source=dpb&utm_medium=lit&utm_campaign=general&WT.mc_id=A03294

Possibly these here:

22-01-2025 | Molex Connector Housing KK 254 6471, 2.54mm Pitch Female, 1 Row, 2 Way | RS Components - https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-connector-housings/2964934/

08-50-0032 | Molex KK 4809 Crimp Terminal Contact, Female, 0.05mm² to 0.35mm², 30AWG to 22AWG, Tin Plating | RS Components - https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/467598/

Last edited:

Reply to Under and upper cabinet lighting in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net