Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Universal car alarm help in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello guys I'm having a little trouble wiring up a siren to my universal central locking system I installed. It has an option for a siren for the alarm however it also activates the siren when locking and unlocking the car and it is extremely loud. Is there any way to get a lower tone when locking and unlocking the vehicle and a louder tone for the alarm. I'm not against changing the actual siren I'm using if there are better options. I'm using an alarm siren/unlock beep from another vehicle that has it from the factory. The locking system sends a positive signal to the siren. Thanks in advance

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to the forum mate.
Am I reading this right, the alarm receives a signal from the locking system and sets off the siren every time you lock/unlock your car?
If the alarm is designed to be wired to the locking system, how does the alarm distinguish between a legitimate unlocking and someone breaking in?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome to the forum mate.
Am I reading this right, the alarm receives a signal from the locking system and sets off the siren every time you lock/unlock your car?
If the alarm is designed to be wired to the locking system, how does the alarm distinguish between a legitimate unlocking and someone breaking in?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes you are reading this correctly. When locking/unlocking it only beeps however when an alarm is triggered it is a constant tone. I was just curious if there were some way to have them separate however when given more thought I dont believe it is possible

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Universal car alarm help in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom