Discuss unusual cooker wiring? or wrong? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

for the peace of mind:
powered the cooker up with bottom oven on max 260 C degrees, top oven/grill on max. and 4 hobs on max. for about 20 minutes.
checked the cooker ring cables using instant thermometer in CU, in the middle of the run and at cooker switch - at all three points cables were at temperatures 25 to 27 C degrees.
to compare, other cables sockets ring, lights ring were at 20 C degrees at the same time.
Zs is 0.84 with B32 mcb.
thanks again everyone for pointing out possible solutions.

Using other than “standard domestic final circuits” legally requires the installer to prove it is safe (strength and capability) typically done with design calcs. Please calculate (at the worse place, a fault fed by both legs) at one “leg” phase to (1.5mm cpc) earth, typical a fauna/rodent damage.

The reason why only large multicore (not table 4D5 flat T&E) cables are run in parallel. (Even then, parallel is usually done for ease of physical installation as it is inferior electrically), and always lugged at terminations.

The withstand of final ring circuits was no good back in the day when flat 2.5mm T&E had only a 1.0mm cpc, cpc would not always withstand phase to earth faults and would “fuse”, your 5.0mm lives to 1.5mm cpc is worst still.

Standard Flat 4D5 T&E cable final ring circuits are not electrically perfect, to install we have many extra requirements to keep the right side of things.

i see the prophets of doom are awake. i fail to see why anything that is skightly unconventional should be ripped out as long as it complies with current regs.and can handle the load.

Reply to unusual cooker wiring? or wrong? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net