Discuss Upgrading existing installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My MCS assessment site was 10x235w Conergy Mono panels with a sunny boy 2500HF on the roof of a south facing lean to extension. I havent yet notified the installation yet as I only got my MCS 2 weeks ago and the customer wants me to upgrade it to maximum, by installing panels on the upper roof. I have 6 Hyundai 250w monos and am planning to install another inverter (a SMA SB 1700).

This new total makes 3850w in total. Allowing for losses especially as there will be 2 inverters, of 5% that brings us down to 3657w, would it be OK to put DNC as 3.6kw on FIT and DNC form or should I lose a panel?

Reply to Upgrading existing installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, as per the above title. If one is to replace the existing solar pv panels for a new system of equal capacity (existing system is 8 x...
Replies
Views
Hi all, total newbie to the forum. I sincerely hope that those in the know-how would be able to assist me. On my semi-detached house we have an...
Replies
Views
Given recent energy prices and further increases on the way i've been think about PV install to reduce costs a bit. I've got flat roof on my shed...
Replies
Views
Been learning a lot just reading today on here. Hoping that someone can give us advice on three quotes we've received. Location: south facing...
Replies
Views
Hi there! I'm new in the forum. This time I bring a question about inverters. I was hired to oversee the Electrical Installation of a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock