Currently reading:
USA politics, recent events.

Discuss USA politics, recent events. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did Trump do a good Job as President.

• No

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Yes but he was a bit of a loose cannon (said stupid stuff).

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • No better or worse than Obama

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Dr David Owen first raised (I believe) the concept 'A common thread tying these elements together is hubris, or exaggerated pride, overwhelming self-confidence and contempt for others (Owen, 2006)'.

And whilst not widely accepted, he has begun a useful discussion on this subject;

140 140..150 (lorddavidowen.co.uk)

Hubris is ultimately what being educated at the best schools, colleges and universities produces.

People with unshakable drive, enthusiasm and ability to skip from catastrophe to the next with no loss of self confidence.

Hubris is ultimately what being educated at the best schools, colleges and universities produces.

People with unshakable drive, enthusiasm and ability to skip from catastrophe to the next with no loss of self confidence.
Not wishing to go off on another tangent, but having worked under various mangers in a largest organisation, those attributes some of them had.

But some of them had additional not so pleasant attributes, such as arrogance, aberrant behaviour, infallible, selfish and immoral standards but judgemental of others. Quite frankly, unpleasant individuals, in charge of others.

Not wishing to go off on another tangent, but having worked under various mangers in a largest organisation, those attributes some of them had.

But some of them had additional not so pleasant attributes, such as arrogance, aberrant behaviour, infallible, selfish and immoral standards but judgemental of others. Quite frankly, unpleasant individuals, in charge of others.

Its what soulless mega corps want.

Thats cos he's a crook. ?
You think they'd have found something by now.

Expect more of these noise "investigations" that deliver nothing but still the media will blather on about the twice impeached and constantly under investigation former president.

Either the Democrats employ the worlds worst investigators or these are witch hunts.

But I know you don't like him so I guess that makes it all good?

The investigations into Trump's businesses are nothing to do with the Democrats or the press and nothing to do with a witch hunt.

Trump and his businesses have been in and out of court for years, he thrives on it.
The cases being resurrected now are ones that were held off due to the election, bit of a privledge there.
Can't imagine a Court holding off a case for anyone else.

Here's why a group of tennants in a block of 138 units, are suing,

Ms. Green is among a group of tenants in rent-regulated apartments once owned by Mr. Trump’s father who have filed a lawsuit against the president and his siblings, accusing the Trumps of a decade-long fraud to win artificially high rent increases through an invoice-padding scheme.

The scheme, first revealed in a 2018 investigation by The New York Times, involved tacking at least 20 percent onto the cost of materials purchased for the apartments, with Mr. Trump, his siblings and a cousin splitting the extra proceeds. The maneuver generated millions of dollars for each sibling, with no work required. While the siblings were still liable for income taxes, the maneuver allowed them to evade far-higher gift and estate taxes on part of the fortune they received from their father.

Last edited:
The investigations into Trump's businesses are nothing to do with the Democrats or the press and nothing to do with a witch hunt.

Trump and his businesses have been in and out of court for years, he thrives on it.
The cases being resurrected now are ones that were held off due to the election, bit of a privledge there.
Can't imagine a Court holding off a case for anyone else.

All big businesses are in and out of court, success is dependent on sailing as close to the wind as possible, sometimes crossing it.

When a tax code runs into volumes anyone can and will fall foul of it.

Who and what to prosecute at this level is entirely political.

Still no Burisma investigation yet?

Biden repeatedly questioned in the election run up whether if president he would stack the supreme court, a method constitutionally frowned on and a clear move that is made to rig the legal system.
At every step he either refused to answer or made unclear comments.

BIden is now president, already making large steps to stack the courts... you would only do this for political reasons to subvert the law to favour any trial that you needed to.
Biden puts questionable people in charge of the system that is going to see his son been prosecuted over the Burisma saga and child ---- images.

Anyone seeing the links yet, his son found to have been in receipt of briberies and child ----, some of the evidence linked the President too, if he can destroy the case against his son then he can also get a home free run himself.

Talk about been the Judge and the Jury on your own son's case.. meanwhile just released is an interview that exposes child abuse throughout the deep state including many figures mentioned in this thread already.

The USA is a mess, the media are political zombies, big tech is crushing conservative opinions, court systems are rigged and 3 months later even under court orders States are still refusing to hand over ballots and machines for audit....OH and btw Biden has signed EO's that can bring in new laws that allow the audits of the ballots to be blocked legally and for the illegal votes that judges has recently announced were in fact illegal can now be counted.

I don't care what side of the coin you sit here but you have to admit that this is corrupt throughout and people wonder why half the country is peed off.

Trump in his 4 yr term never once stacked the courts or brought in laws to subvert the results of ongoing trials, imagine if he had and the outrage yet Biden does it and no news coverage.

All I ask here is those who don't believe the election was rigged then answer 1 simple question, why won't they hand the Ballots over, this would have proven they were legitimate as they claimed 3months ago and Trump would of accepted it, 3 months later and still refuse to release them - WHY ?.. a definite way to prove it wasn't rigged... or the only way to show it was..actions and words here, actions speak louder.

Trump in his 4 yr term never once stacked the courts or brought in laws to subvert the results of ongoing trials, imagine if he had and the outrage yet Biden does it and no news coverage.

It may not be defined as stacking, but Trump rushing through the appointment of Coney Barratt in record time to beef up the majority the Republicans already had was an insurance policy for him incase he needed the Supreme Court, was that not outrageous?

Fortunately Justice won out as it most likely would if the Court had a Democrat majority and the Supreme Court ruled against Trump.

Didn't Trump pardon a load of his mates who had been convicted of crimes recently? What's that all about?,I'm happy to be enlightened as to why it's morally acceptable

The US politics like I have mentioned before is not like ours, there are many political prisoners caught in weighted legal decisions and it is common for any leaving president to reset the system so to say.

Trump granted clemency (pardon) to 143 people mostly caught up in political games and a corrupt judicial system that was weighted in the Dem's favour.. he actually was very selective and careful who he pardoned given the scrutiny he was under and his choices were not a surprise or any real scandal.
In reflection obama gave clemency to over 1900 people and there was many questionable decisions but the media are not really bothered scrutinising Obama as they are all part of the same Deep State system.

The fact the media spent little time of the list of Trump Pardons shows there wasn't any real shockers or scandalous choices.

Didn't Trump pardon a load of his mates who had been convicted of crimes recently? What's that all about?,I'm happy to be enlightened as to why it's morally acceptable

It's common for departing presidents to issue pardons.

You might want to look at the pardons issued by Trump and several of his predecessors.

Edit: Note to self - read all new posts before responding.

Thought you were gonna say that ?. This thread just seems to be one rule for whichever side you are on and one rule for the other. I'm not saying that the Democrats are much better but I know what I've seen and heard with my own eyes and ears over the last 4 years and that's enough for me to form my own opinion.

It may not be defined as stacking, but Trump rushing through the appointment of Coney Barratt in record time to beef up the majority the Republicans already had was an insurance policy for him incase he needed the Supreme Court, was that not outrageous?

Fortunately Justice won out as it most likely would if the Court had a Democrat majority and the Supreme Court ruled against Trump.
What trump did was by the book, he also rebalanced some of the system but never stacked it, what Biden is attempting to do is against what the constitution was designed to do, it is one of the main reasons the constitution was drafted to stop what Biden is trying to do, this is why he refused to mention or answer it in the election run ups, Americans hold their constitution very dear and he would throw away his chances by saying he was going to stack the courts.
Now he is in is he is setting the ball rolling to do exactly that, and it is upsetting not only the opposition but many of the democrats. This is taking the US into what can only be called communism.
Just look at what is occurring -
Silence the opposition and suppress the public freedom of speech (Parler removed, Trump removed and thousands of account closed on twitter almost all on the conservative side)
Take political control of the courts (Biden is doing that)
Those that question and oppose be arrested even for speech or posts (man arrested for a meme he posted against hillary 4 yrs ago).

It is now becoming apparent the national guard is there to protect Biden/demcrats not from Trump fans but from everyone, his actions have not just upset republicans who I may add are not rioting over it but he has upset BLM and Antifa and thousands who have had their jobs destroyed on EO's he siged, since the inauguration Antifa have been rioting and trashing democrat buildings across the country as they realise they have been used as political pawns and now they have been let down by democrat promises they are back to violence and protests... bet you haven't even heard that in the news have you.

Thought you were gonna say that ?. This thread just seems to be one rule for whichever side you are on and one rule for the other. I'm not saying that the Democrats are much better but I know what I've seen and heard with my own eyes and ears over the last 4 years and that's enough for me to form my own opinion.
And you are welcome t have and share those opinions as is how we normally refine our look on life, all I ask is when you say you know what seen and heard may I ask are we talking through the media because that is the worst place to get a real view.
Like I said earlier, I prefer to watch professional law experts give feedback on events and legal cases, it very rarely matches what you see from the media and in fact it's a massive eye opener to how biased all media is and that is on both side of the spectrum not just one.

A good starting point and a guy who simplifies and explains the legal jargon is Viva Frei, he is on a few platforms but you'll find him doing almost daily uploads in youtube.
Have a gander at the parler/amazon review and witness how the judge made a 'political' decision in Amazon's favour completely exposing how the system is been manipulated to take out the conservative voice and any company that tries to oppose it.

Last edited:
I'm just a simple fella darkwood and I just don't like the tone of lots of words I've actually seen him say over the years. It's just the way I roll in life but I absolutely respect what you are saying,you are way more knowledgeable about this than me. I've just always had this aversion to the brash almost mocking tone that he seems to be an exponent of. It takes all sorts to make a world though and I know I'm taking a simplistic view of this so I'll just shut up now lol ?

I agree @Paul L and for the first few yrs I was 100% behind your school of thought then I started seeing what his policies and actions were doing for the US and never saw these positive stories ever on the news so I dug deeper and it totally opened up a massive can of worms and then I realised that not only the US media but our own was unfairly targeting Trump by only posting negative stories.
Yes he is a verbal idiot, yes he doesn't carry himself like a real politician but he did one thing no recent president has done, he put the people before the big tech and that is why he beat employment records, economy records, got more blacks into education than any other president etc ..
If he was this person that we are told then why do 80million people still support him after he has left and why do all the figures he achieved destroy all recent achievements by any other president.
That was the reason I posted that achievement list, non of my mates had ever even known of any of them and given he helped broker 4 peace deals that other presidents had failed to do you have to ask a lot of questions as to why we are been spoon fed nothing but negatives.
The same mates of mine didn't even know there is corruption and pedo allegations against Hunter Biden or the sexual allegation against his dad 'the President' these cases are active yet it now seems Biden is setting the cases up to fail. Trump could have done this with the Russia allegations but he didn't need to because he wasn't guilty and was cleared but only after yrs of claims.
If you want to stick by your views I will think no less of you as that is your right but I do like to show there is 2 sides to every story and US politics is by far one complicated cookie.

Reply to USA politics, recent events. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net