Discuss Useful connectors from toolstation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Thanks for the laughs, cant believe the state of fear some people exist under.:eek::eek::p

It's a yellow lever for crying out loud, the green and yellow sleaving/insulation should be all the indication needed unless you're the most obstrictive problem finder.

Anyhow, they're CE marked therefore approved for use within their design parameters.

Be nice if there was a nice compact enclosure for them to provide some stress relief for incoming and outgoing cables.

i'd have no qualms about using these to extend cables inside a CU when upgrading and finding cables short. in fact i have 1 tomorrow where i think cables will be short. keep y'all posted.

but who decides what is MF? a spark with double figures IQ on the job, or some suit at a desk with a "computer says NO"?
An organisation that carries out testing on enclosure assemblies I think. Can't have an MF logo without approval of your product and can use a product under BS7671 for MF purposes without an approved logo.

So all of the lights I have put up in the last few years using Wago's and the designed box do not conform?
A standard Wagobox used with the appropriate connectors carries the MF accreditation, but the wagobox light does not have that.
I think it's to do with the design of the box,it does not have cable stalls like the wagobox, wagobox XL, or wagobox XLA.

Does it need to be MF though ? If it can be accessed behind the light ?

I know the Wago box light does not have MF status, but the L,N,E Wago connectors I use for lighting clip into place in the base of the box, so I assume that can't be the reason.

I know the Wago box light does not have MF status, but the L,N,E Wago connectors I use for lighting clip into place in the base of the box, so I assume that can't be the reason.
Interesting, I've not noticed any clips in them before. Which connectors do you use ?

I just knew you would ask that, I have been searching for a link to them, they have a grey frame on the underside that clips into the centre recess in the box, will keep looking and post if I can find them, they do seem to be a bit elusive.

I just knew you would ask that, I have been searching for a link to them, they have a grey frame on the underside that clips into the centre recess in the box, will keep looking and post if I can find them, they do seem to be a bit elusive.
Just seen the assembly on the wago website. 260 series built onto a frame with end caps. Do you buy them as a whole unit ?

Last edited:

Reply to Useful connectors from toolstation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net