Discuss Van Layout! Racking show me yours in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mark Cranmer

Hi there I am going from having a Mercedes Sprinter MWB to a new Transit SWB at the company i contract for there is a Polish team have a vivaro racked out... Let me say its mustard they are mustard can't rate them highly enough!

So I ask you guys anyone else just do PV and got an ideas how to make a smaller compact van work? been looking on eBay at the £120 racking over a wheel arch then between the rest of the arches putting some 3by2 up rights with braces to slide the panels in then leaving tool and drill boxes in the side door up front then putting the kit box and inverter on top.. it makes sense for me to do it properly as I'm using all the money I saved up for a mortgage to buy the van out right!

i think the luftwaffe done my van. it looks like a bomb's hit it.

Hi there I am going from having a Mercedes Sprinter MWB to a new Transit SWB at the company i contract for there is a Polish team have a vivaro racked out... Let me say its mustard they are mustard can't rate them highly enough!

So I ask you guys anyone else just do PV and got an ideas how to make a smaller compact van work? been looking on eBay at the £120 racking over a wheel arch then between the rest of the arches putting some 3by2 up rights with braces to slide the panels in then leaving tool and drill boxes in the side door up front then putting the kit box and inverter on top.. it makes sense for me to do it properly as I'm using all the money I saved up for a mortgage to buy the van out right!

... not from the electrical trade ... but I like this guy's take on organisation and work ethic!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OhH5cdoe4Ko

IMG_3561_zpsent5ikai.jpg
IMG_3558_zpsluxzcbal.jpg
IMG_3568%201_zpsliex0edd.jpg
IMG_3567%201_zpsrhz3lois.jpg
IMG_3565%201_zpsspzu7wc3.jpg
[video]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/sk8rmc/Transit/IMG_3563_zpsgajlkh3k.jpg[/video]
IMG_3563_zpsgajlkh3k.jpg
IMG_3562_zpsw64wvoy7.jpg
IMG_3560%201_zpsnmw0xrfx.jpg
IMG_3559_zpskar8v8mk.jpg

bread trays. stackable and easily slung off if i want to get anything big in the van.

How many panels do you carry? At 20kg each plus inverters and tools etc?
Is it a LWB?
We always get panels delivered pre noon to site saves all that wasted space in the van!

How many panels do you carry? At 20kg each plus inverters and tools etc?
Is it a LWB?
We always get panels delivered pre noon to site saves all that wasted space in the van!

That's OK on retrofit.

New build, no onsite security, no-one there to accept delivery if you aren't, etc etc, new builds we regularly have dellivered to us. long and double high, ducato can get everything in with space to spaer, panels on side / long edge, secured to racking that way we can still access everything without losing tones of floor space.

If the ONLY thing you do is fit panels and work for one company, suppose his will work, seems like he lost 1.2m of racking space done that way (stoll access 400mm of it from the back).

IMG_3561_zpsent5ikai.jpg
IMG_3558_zpsluxzcbal.jpg
IMG_3568%201_zpsliex0edd.jpg
IMG_3567%201_zpsrhz3lois.jpg
[video]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/sk8rmc/Transit/IMG_3563_zpsgajlkh3k.jpg[/video]
IMG_3563_zpsgajlkh3k.jpg
IMG_3562_zpsw64wvoy7.jpg
IMG_3560%201_zpsnmw0xrfx.jpg
IMG_3559_zpskar8v8mk.jpg

I like it ... I did a similar thing on a temporary basis in a hired van in order to take a chimney pot and some cast iron rainwater goods to a pottery in Hampshire and an Iron Foundry in Yorkshire before picking up a load of cut stone from Darlington ... it worked very well and everything got to its destination in one piece.

Reply to Van Layout! Racking show me yours in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net