Search the forum,

Discuss Van lights in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

so ive got my new van, 14 plate Transit Connect Trend 1.6 115ps with 6 speed box.

first thing is to sort the lights out in the back, see before ad after.

ill hopefully have time to pick some ply wood up in the week so I can start building some kind of system to keep things in order.

10.8w super bright led tape in daylight colour

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I am used to having a proper system in the van with racking and hoppers etc, so its awful having nothing at the moment.

I think ill probably put a floor in, then a side on the right and build off that.

I may put a small false floor in at the front end for the steps maybe.

I would kind of half like to keep it as a usable van at the same time as its always handy having a van you can use when you need one, so don't want to go over the top with the racking.

Hi,
May I ask how you powered the LEDs, please? Did you just connect them straight into the original interior light? I am looking to do something similar in my Connect. Thanks

LED strip lights will happily run from the 12V supply to your interior light. that's how i done mine. cut the strip to length on the designated section breaks and a bit of delicate soldering. make sure you get the polarity right.

Yes just wago them in to the back of the interior light.

sod soldering it and fiddling about, I just ordered 4x 1.1m lengths with 2m tails on them from the supplier.

Hi,

so ive got my new van, 14 plate Transit Connect Trend 1.6 115ps with 6 speed box.

first thing is to sort the lights out in the back, see before ad after.

ill hopefully have time to pick some ply wood up in the week so I can start building some kind of system to keep things in order.

10.8w super bright led tape in daylight colour

View attachment 32054View attachment 32055View attachment 32056
Nice van Tom. It fits in the garage then?

if signed, then get magnetic signs done.

1. when parked up, take signs off so the scumbag thieves won't think there's tools on board to rob.

2. if doing subby work, a plain van is advisable.

I have already put my decals on it but stupidly put them level to a laser and not to the contour of the van so will be redoing them tomorrow when the new ones arrive.

see the pic below, you can see it doesn't look correct, it's level but not in line with the panel.

you live and learn!

image.jpgimage.jpg

yeah. would look right parallel to the top line of the panel.

I have no idea, I'll ask at the wholesaler in the morning. They get it made to measure or you can buy it on a roll.

if you like, call BED Electrial in Market Harborough and ask for non IP rated led rape that's 10.8w daylight superbright like in Toms van. I'm sure if you tell them what you need they can help.

i had 4x 1.1m with 2m tails and I think including vat it was £68.

Thanks for that, I will see what my local wholesalers can offer and if they are no help I will give BED Electrical a call. I have some LED strip in stock, but liked the idea of the long tails, would mean less joints to come undone.

Thanks for your replies. I will try and an post some photograph when I get my van done.

I will also be interested in seeing how you rack your van out with the plywood, as I have ideas for mine, but I am interested in what other electricians do
Cheers
Jon

Reply to Van lights in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net