Discuss Vehicle charging install in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I recently did an electric vehicle charging course, and it didn’t come across to me as straight forward.

The install is actually the easy bit. However the paperwork apparently takes just as long to do.
You need to be a member of a cps, you need to tell the DNO so they can plan future for the projected load increase on their network, and dvla.
You also need to be registered with one or more manufacturers to be able to claim the grant scheme.

your mate of a mate would be better off buying new, and getting an installer with all this in place so they can get the grant.

As for the increase in network load, there would be a practice of load shedding….
See, those smart meters do have a purpose.
Absolutely agree.

its not as simple as live neutral earth. Done.

Tt or not to TT. Not straight forward at all. So many factors need to be considered.

the course taught me that I wouldn’t be installing them any time soon.

I suggest that the OP does alot more research on the subject of EV chargers before he gets involved... there are many aspects to consider. And whilst it grieves me to recommend an IET publication, I think a good read-through of a copy of Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation Code of Practice would be beneficial.

Reply to Vehicle charging install in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good morning all, I am currently working on a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) consisting of 10 flats, with three parking spots equipped with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Wasn’t sure where to get some information, so I thought I’d ask the question here! FYI I have no electrical quals, I build custom...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Customer has an extension and this compromises existing meter position, DNO is extending incomer and putting meter box on a different...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Green2go Launches for All Your Solar, EV Charging and Renewable Needs Green2Go - for All Your Solar, EV Charging and Renewable...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock