Discuss Veritas R8 Troubleshooting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Jayjay1

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just an old problem I wonder if anyone can advise me on.
First of all I do not have the engineers code to my alarm, I have read suggestions it can be reset by powering down but it may be locked. How do I know if it is locked or not? I can't find info on that in the manual or anywhere online. When I purchased the property an engineer came out and changed my user code and entry/exit times. I asked him to return a few months later (same guy) to extend the times and he came and tried for a while but told me he couldn't do this and the system was too old. This is what makes me think it is locked.

I have a problem with my old veritas alarm - essentially it keeps going off and I am unsure what the fault is. The zone includes my front door and back door and I think 2 window sensors (texecom impaq). I think the problem is with one of the sensors - the green comfort light does not blink as it should at times and sometimes lights up orange without touching it. Is there some way I can just disconnect this so it does not form part of the system? What is the best way of finding the culprit?

The manual also mentions some things you can do without the engineers code, like change your user code or perform a walk test etc. When I enter my user code and press prog it does a single beep and the zones do not light up as it suggests in the manual.

Thanks

difficult to assess without a site visit. some members are more familiar with texecom than i am, so you may get a more positive response after beer time.

Hi,you may find the alarm dudes are a tad reticent,in case you are in the property,tapping away on their laptop...waiting for them to come back off their holidays...;)

Hi,you may find the alarm dudes are a tad reticent,in case you are in the property,tapping away on their laptop...waiting for them to come back off their holidays...;)

Is this cause he's hacked into their 'smart meter' and seen the low usage..? :tearsofjoy:

Reply to Veritas R8 Troubleshooting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock