Discuss Very small footprint, 3-4kva 1 or 3ph UPS - recommendations? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Need to find a v small, hard wired, wall mounted UPS to provide 60mins for fire alarm, emergency lights and fire suppressant (mist) in a BMO to satisfy the requirements of section 560. Phone calls and catalogues so far have only found me massive plant room size, I need to fit this in a cupboard!! All suggestions welcome!

One option would be an Eltek/Eaton/Huawei rectifier with battery backup and inverters for the AC output.

How much space do you have?

Is the mist system from compressed cylinders (so no power consumption) or does it use pumps?

The problem is going to be the space the batteries take up for the output you're specifying

There’s a part B to this conundrum just developed on site....... the mist systems are powered pumps. But, the spec that the developer has for electrical installation from them (which looks decidedly single dwelling domestic) talks of just installing them from the local consumer unit on the non RCD side, to a fused plate, on a C16. Wired in FP. To my mind, that doesnt comply with 560.5 and 560.6 when its a building of multiple separate dwellings. It also seems pointless wiring the last few inches in FP when the supply chain to get to that point is standard equipment and cable! Anyone have any thoughts on that or care to adjudicate?!

Reply to Very small footprint, 3-4kva 1 or 3ph UPS - recommendations? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock