Discuss Vfd for well pump in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

It could be that you only require to run the motor at a fixed speed to produce your 60psi constant pressure, however, if the process is variable and it needs to tune itself. THe higher end Rockwell drives have built in PID functions that can use the 4-20mA signal from the pressure transmitter to ajust it's own speed accordingly.

It could be that you only require to run the motor at a fixed speed to produce your 60psi constant pressure, however, if the process is variable and it needs to tune itself. THe higher end Rockwell drives have built in PID functions that can use the 4-20mA signal from the pressure transmitter to ajust it's own speed accordingly.
I’m want to use a Allen Bradley 22-A4P2N113 Powerfex

That particular model doesnt have PID capabilities.

I would install it, an using the dial on the front, see if a 60psi constant pressure is feasible without PID control.

If it isnt, then an Allen Bradley 820 plc will be the cheapest way to introduce PID control. An the software for it is free.

That particular model doesnt have PID capabilities.

I would install it, an using the dial on the front, see if a 60psi constant pressure is feasible without PID control.

If it isnt, then an Allen Bradley 820 plc will be the cheapest way to introduce PID control. An the software for it is free.
Ok thanks for all the help. Appreciate it

Reply to Vfd for well pump in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good evening all, I’m currently part way through my apprenticeship and we are working on IB, IN, IZ and IT and volt drop today. And it got me...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Has anyone ever encountered an undersized start capacitor (from manufacture) for a single phase pump??? I would like to integrate...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, just looking for a bit of advise. I am booked up to go on 2391-52 soon, and was looking at using my own tester, Megger1552. It is all...
Replies
Views
Good morning, So I’m working on an existing 3 phase solar system and the customer wants a way to use the huge mass of exported solar on their...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are renting and have a electric shower downstairs (extension) - a 9.5kW Triton T80Z fast-fit electric shower as well as a combi boiler...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock