Discuss Victron power boost installation in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

1sprinter

DIY
Reaction score
I am working on putting a victron 24/3000/70 inverter/charger in my sprinter conversion van. Output of inverter is 30 amp pass thru with power assist. Power assist uses the battery pack to boost the 30 amp to up to 50 amps if needed for larger loads. They suggest 50 amp ground fault breaker for the 50 amp side (I dont think they make a single pole 50 amp GFCI?) . I have bought a power distribution panel that has a split rail 30/50 amp.
The van IN shore power will have 10AWG wire, back feeding a 30 amp single pole GFCI being used as the main breaker supplying the 30 amp side. (is using a GFCI in this way possible? I believe as long as it isn't labeled line/load it is ok?). I will take a 30 amp breaker from this rail (non GFCI) to feed the inverter/charger as i believe the whole rail will now be GFCI protected. The output from inverter/ charger can go as high as 50 amps so that will have 6AWG going from inverter to 50 amp section panel. Two options i think i have here.
1. use a two pole 50 amp GFCI to feed the 50 amp side (only using one of the poles? Can you do this?)
or
2. use a 50 amp single pole standard trip and then use 20 amp GFCI breakers for each out going circut.

Reply to Victron power boost installation in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am working on putting a victron 24/3000/70 inverter/charger in my sprinter conversion van. Output of inverter is 30 amp pass thru with power...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views
I may have posted this before but not sure if it made it in. I want to install an EV Charger in my garage. The panel is two stories up and the...
Replies
Views
I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views
I want to make some electrical upgrades to my detached garage. I want to update the subpanel in the detached garage, and I want to add a 240V...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock