Discuss VW Van warranties in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Richard

Evening gents,

I bought a VW caddy a month back, 10 plate so second hand. The bleeding radio has just died a death. Theres power there so i'v assumed a faulty unit.

VW give 3 years warranty on all vans. When I was sold it, They said there was still a year or so left on the warranty. Does this mean I could go back to VW main dealer and ask them to sort it for free? The company who sold it to me want nothing to do with it.

Sorry if this appears a very simple question, but i'v never had much dealing with this sort of thing.

Thanks!

Just give a VW dealership a ring, some add clauses that the warranty is only valid until change of ownership and subject to VW service history etc.

Phone them, they can only say no.

If it was a vehicle dealership that sold you the vehicle then they should have provided a basic warranty with the vehicle, have a look in your sale paperwork for terms and conditions.

Last edited:
If you brought it from a dealer you have to give them a chance to repair it, as the radio worked when purchased, then that should be covered. See here.

Hi and thanks for the replys.

I bought it from a provate commercial vehicle company, and I think the van was originally from London somewhere. Does this mean I would be able to take it to any VW dealer (as in swansea) or would you think it would have to go back to the original dealer?

Thanks

You need to check the terms and conditions of your new and old warranties.

The Factory Warranty is made up of the following terms and conditions
[h=4]General Conditions[/h]All new Volkswagen passenger cars purchased from an Authorised Retailer in the United Kingdom qualify for a 3 year vehicle warranty consisting of a 2 year/unlimited mileage warranty and a 3rd year warranty with a 60,000 mile limitation.
After the first two years of your warranty, your vehicle will be covered by a third year Volkswagen authorised network warranty if:

• The vehicle has not exceeded 60,000 miles
  • The vehicle was imported by Volkswagen UK and supplied through the United Kingdom Volkswagen authorised network
This warranty will terminate on the anniversary of the third year from the date of original registration or at 60,000 miles, whichever is soonest.
Should the mileage exceed 60,000 miles within the first two years, the two-year manufacturer's warranty will still be valid, but you will not automatically have a third year of warranty.
Once the three-year warranty has expired, you can purchase a further warranty for additional years and higher mileages.
Please contact any member of the Volkswagen authorised network for further information.
Items where the lifetime of the component is or can be influenced by driving style and external factors will only be considered under the terms of the warranty for a period of six months or 6,500 miles (whichever is soonest).Beyond that limit, the defects must be classified as wear and tear and will not be covered by the Volkswagen warranty.

Thanks for your input all. STUPIDLY, I didn't think to make sure i had all the relevant paper work, like a warranty. My only hope it would seem, is to see if I have any luck with the VW warranty.

Live and learn huh!

If you know anyone with an OBDII reader it will probably bring up the error code, sometimes a reset of it can clear the fault, shame you are no where near me, I'd scan it for you.

Thanks for the offer :) I spoke to VW and it'll be covered under VW warranty, assuming it's the original radio. Thanks

Reply to VW Van warranties in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock