Discuss Warm-up MStat change out help in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello

I recently had a Warm-up underfloor heating system installed, but due to a breakdown in communication. I ended up with the basic Mstat controls units rather than something digital/programmable.
The MStat comes with NTC5K sensor and for some daft reason the rest of their thermostats use NTC10K sensors.

Anyway I am hoping that some one on here can point me the direction of a thermostat that I could swap for the MStat and get the functionality that I am looking for.

Thank you

Hi deepdiver73
Has the floor sensor been installed in the stat tube supplied correctly? If it has then I know that the 3iE and 4iE controller come with the 10k floor sensor so could the old one be pulled out and new one inserted! In fact I'm fairly sure all warmup ones come with a floor sensor! Failing that warmup technical support are very helpful and might be able to assist!
Hope that helps
Sy

Hi deepdiver73
Has the floor sensor been installed in the stat tube supplied correctly? If it has then I know that the 3iE and 4iE controller come with the 10k floor sensor so could the old one be pulled out and new one inserted! In fact I'm fairly sure all warmup ones come with a floor sensor! Failing that warmup technical support are very helpful and might be able to assist!
Hope that helps
Sy

Hi Sy

Thank you for the reply.

The floor sensors in both installations were not fitted in any tubing.

One sensor is under a tiled bathroom floor and the other is embedded in self levelling grout under a vinyl floor. The other issue being that cables from the floor have been embedded into the wall. So at the moment I am trying to find solution that allows me to swap out the control units and not have to breakout cables from the walls or floor.

In both installations I am using the floor sensors to regulate the temperatures. This is only option for the bathroom as the electrician sited the control unit on the wall next to a vertical radiator despite me pointing this out to him prior to the work being carried out.

I have been in touch with the tech support at Warm Up and they could not help or offer a solution. I did point out that seemed a bit daft to offer a range of thermostats and supply the cheapest one in the range with a sensor that is not compatible with the more advanced thermostats in the range.

regards
Bob

The only other option you have is if you can find another compatible digital stat that will work with a 5k sensor. That could be worth a try, though I don't know of any of the top of my head! Surprised that in this digital age you can't just change a setting in the controller to accept a different sensor! Suppose it would add extra cost to manufacture.

The only other option you have is if you can find another compatible digital stat that will work with a 5k sensor. That could be worth a try, though I don't know of any of the top of my head! Surprised that in this digital age you can't just change a setting in the controller to accept a different sensor! Suppose it would add extra cost to manufacture.

A digital thermostat that is compatible with a 5K sensor would be the answer to my problem.... I posted here in the hope that some one could point me in the right direction.

Alternatively a thermostat that could be programmed would also work.... but that would then need me to find the resistance values for a range of temps on a 5K sensor. Info like that I would hope to get from tech support at Warm Up.

Reply to Warm-up MStat change out help in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock