Discuss warranty in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparky-s-w

Hi all, have quoted for a CCU change and have been offered the work, "on the agreement of a period of warranty for work undertaken"
now i know money was tight for this guy and suspect i was the lowest quote, hence successfull, but the only warranty i offer is through Elecsa scamer at a cost to the customer, do i offer this to him or can i provide warranty myself.

Regards
Clueless

I'd be asking the client what period of warranty he has in mind. If its less than 12 months, on the parts, you can get replacements from your supplier so the "risk" is your time, if and when anything went wrong.

That said, with such a question from a customer do you actually want the business?

I'd be asking the client what period of warranty he has in mind. If its less than 12 months, on the parts, you can get replacements from your supplier so the "risk" is your time, if and when anything went wrong.

That said, with such a question from a customer do you actually want the business?

hmm good point, does sound like he'd be a bit of a nightmare, but you know how the climate is, can't afford to turn down work.

I have this as a standard paragraph in my contracts:

Code:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]All
accessories have a manufacturers warranty, in addition the company
guarantees it's workmanship for a period of one year.  The guarantee
is valid for one year from the date of certification; as long as no
third party modifications have been made since certification.  The
company normally operates a 24 hour call out scheme, this is however
subject to staff being available and not a contractual obligation.[/SIZE][/FONT]

thanks topquark, that's a good idea if you dont mind i might add something similar to my invoice.

i'll offer a good will 12month waranty, and also give him the details for my scam warranty

thanks topquark, that's a good idea if you dont mind i might add something similar to my invoice.

i'll offer a good will 12month waranty, and also give him the details for my scam warranty
No problem.

This is how I cover the offering ELECSA warranty:

Code:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]In
addition the client may also purchase a warranty covering the works
through ELECSA (the companies current Part P scheme provider). 
Details are available on request.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I always thought it was standard practise for a reputable company to provide a warranty with any work,subject to the clause regarding interference by another person,in which case the warranty is null and void.

As with the example above if the CU needed replacing, does the warranty offered cover your time to reinstall FOC or is it just materials & labour costs charged?

We offer 12 months on all workmanship and parts supplied by ourselves subject to the interference clause. Very rare parts fail with in 12 months but if they do they are replaced FOC

I have been asked this before and my answer ;

We test the installation when we change the consumer unit, so rarely have any unforseen problems
The consumer unit has a 12 month warranty from the date of the install and this covers materials supplied and workmanship relating to this. It does not cover faults on existing wring or third party interference

Reply to warranty in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock