Discuss Water heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks all for the many and helpful comments. Interestingly none that I can see referring to the "bible" (use your own interpretation on bible). Didn't think there was much wrong with what I was proposing but want the rcd in for piece of mind.
Cheers guy's keep up the good work.

I may be mistaken but Is there a section in the BGB about buildings of architectural importance requiring a 300 ma RCD

Dont have my book with me but I am sure someone will correct me if not.

Hi Steve, I think you are referring to BS7671:2008+A1:2011 422.6 and 422.3.9. Cathedrals and other Grade 1 listed buildings (including churches) are probably of national or public significance, but whether all consecrated buildings are significant is open to debate. Often the designer must seek guidance on this issue from LBC, English Heritage (or equivalent), Church Synod (or other governing body), the building's insurance company, statutory licensing authority (if any) and any other interested parties.

Hi Steve, I think you are referring to BS7671:2008+A1:2011 422.6 and 422.3.9. Cathedrals and other Grade 1 listed buildings (including churches) are probably of national or public significance, but whether all consecrated buildings are significant is open to debate. Often the designer must seek guidance on this issue from LBC, English Heritage (or equivalent), Church Synod (or other governing body), the building's insurance company, statutory licensing authority (if any) and any other interested parties.

I think you are spot-on there Markie. Make sure it isn't just someone on the PCC who has asked you to wack a water heater in. Any work should be ok'd, and even specified, by one of the bodies Markie states.

Thanks I thought I could recall something. I guess the message is tread with caution. You never know who's watching.
Is the prefured wiring method still Pyro.

Reply to Water heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net