Discuss we work on behalf of the council in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
well having been working at a shop ,a woman shouted i have got your number and will ring in you to arrange a time ,so time was made and went to see what the new customer needed , one damage socket that melted in the wall from a electric fire ,one socket that was damaged by a clock that fell of the wall and hit the socket .
looking at the consumer unit not one test label or earth bond do not remove or next test date .
so Mrs customer when was that consumer unit fitted ,customer 2017 ,me registered ,customer what do you mean ,me paper work ,customer i have asked the two sparks that put it in and they keep saying we will sort it out and i have there number ,what since 2017 ,customer the blokes where working down the road and quote we do work for the local council ,me to the customer ring the local BC and see what they have to say ,customer said will ring the local sheriff and see what can be done .
having looked at the consumer unit in which is metal not one grommet on any entry's ...

I followed it perfectly - the 3rd time through!
He went to fix two damaged sockets.
The consumer unit was awful.
The people that fitted it were chancers that said "We do work for the council"
He's trying to get customer to report them to local building control so they can be tied up with piano wire and shot.
Simple!

Reply to we work on behalf of the council in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Here we go again, another job that has had a council inspection, different council to last time but still perplexing. The problem with these jobs...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
Hi, I replaced an outdoor electrical socket recently with a 2 gang, BG socket which has LED lights to show when it is switched on. Since then I...
Replies
Views
In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
Seeking advice, we have been replacing extractor fans for a local council and was originally told no ‘like for like’ replacement works needs a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock