Discuss What do you do in your spare time in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

spark-doctor

Was wondering what you all do in your spare time.

May be of help to each other.

Me, shooting, poker, diving (open water that is, before any comments) and flying my model helicopter.

i sit on a wooden fence and make notes of all the pretty numbers on the sides of railway stock as it it hurtles down the tracks. then i go home and eagerly excite myself at the new numbers i have found, i then conain my excitement and use it to stick conduit and adaptors together when im at work.

Powerkiting, landboarding, racing my jap car & bike & drinking (not whilst driving).

powerkiting! i tried that about 2 years ago, this well built bloke was getting dragged up and down the beach on his back and asked if i wanted ago, it was in the air for 40ms!!

what bike you got Cirrus?

powerkiting, had a go at that a couple of years ago, have never been so battered,bruised and scared in my life and this is coming from someone who used to do HALO parachuting in the army, has been shot twice and worked in war zones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monty,

so what is this 'dog showing':rolleyes:

is it like "ere, look at me dog":p

or is it the full, 'groomin, tail spruced up, manicured nails Crufts type dog showing'?

jeez, that must take some dedication:)

Its the second and tbh depends on the breed, costs too much though :)

I tried dog showing once but the ex wife objected to the pictures being made public!!!

Seriously, tend to just chill and have the occasional drink. Do quite a lot of reading but have just bought a caravan cheap and so spending time getting that up together before I hit the vast expanse of country lanes and cause havoc!!!!:eek:

music, playing acoustic gutar and reading - too old to do the kick boxing now but still do a bit of Iaido and Jodo now and again

drinking and gardening ,garden's low maintenance and i pay some one else to cut the grass

what bike you got Cirrus?

powerkiting, had a go at that a couple of years ago, have never been so battered,bruised and scared in my life and this is coming from someone who used to do HALO parachuting in the army, has been shot twice and worked in war zones.

Yamaha YZF600R is my new toy. Am new to the biking scene.

powerkiting?

landboarding?

c'mon Cirrus, enlighten me:confused::p

All high octane stuff Shakey. Entails me screaming down a beach on an oversized skateboard being pulled by a 5 metre power kite. In fact, off to Shell Island in N Wales next bank hol to do exactly that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutly stark raving mad you are. Those things are completly uncontrolable. 4 days off work, thought i had broken my back.
DONT DO IT

Have just got me a Aprilia RSV1000. Her indoors thinks i am going through a mid life crises but damm it is fun.

Reply to What do you do in your spare time in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock