Discuss What have you done or learnt during lockdown in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

nah, i want something 500cc. or above.
A mate of mine had a big bike, think it was 750cc or so, but then when it toppled one day he could not right it on his own. Oh how we laughed :)
[automerge]1591948986[/automerge]
I have huge box of 'em...but not 4-way...I just pigtail if i need more ways!

I find it a shame that the 8-way are only for the solid conductors (push-in) as there are a few times when that is useful and would be handy in clip style for stranded conductors.

it will take a month for any plaster manufacturs full swing to be made and sent out ,the housing complex's will be the first port of call.
That sounds optimistic a couple of plasterers I know seem to think it will be late August or even into September before the merchants get plaster back in stock

Well the Oil Prices have taken a nose dive and 3 offshore platforms got the plug, quite literally. So a certain American Oil & Gas company decided to cut 85% of its labour. So while on stand down I decided to start my own company. Although, here in the not so lucky country you have to jump through numerous hurdles to obtain your Contractors licence. And that’s what I’ll be doing this week. Going over Regs.... more Regs.... and try complete my website.

Well the Oil Prices have taken a nose dive and 3 offshore platforms got the plug, quite literally. So a certain American Oil & Gas company decided to cut 85% of its labour. So while on stand down I decided to start my own company. Although, here in the not so lucky country you have to jump through numerous hurdles to obtain your Contractors licence. And that’s what I’ll be doing this week. Going over Regs.... more Regs.... and try complete my website.
Good luck then Mate

I have learned that I need to be more specific. 4-way Wagos exist as do 6 and 8 way, but baddegg was right , I was thinking of lever ones.
The 8-way can be used as push-in if you ferrule the stranded cables...which is a faff, tbh, but as I have nowt else to do I have been brushing up on my ferrules and RJ45 terminations...and i have also been practising my other DIY skills, so have new wine racks, and they look good...good enough to drink!
I wouldn't recommend ferrules in push-in Wagos, btw...my crimpers don't give the right shape...ok for comms, but not as good as jellies

I spent hours and hours watching and learning how to test and now at a stage of able to test but always that little doubt and would be great to spend an hour or so with someone to confirm I'm doing things correctly but cant find anyone ?.
Other than that finally cleared my garage after 20yrs and 6 tip runs, lots of decorating and quenetic lighting to garden and impressed with performance etc, and just endless jobs around the house and garden oh and whole new brake lines to van so quite productive ?

Attachments

• What have you done or learnt during lockdown 1593552155982 - EletriciansForums.net
    1593552155982.png
    247.3 KB · Views: 15
that should nothave been on the post. it was copied and pasted into an email. how it got into the post, gawd knows.

So between news, movies through torrent sites, other videogames, excercise, cleaning, cooking and stuff i'm trying my best to not get bored or stressed ? oh, i've been uploading pics on my flickr, doing some short stories just to pass the time, i guess here we'll be in quarantine like forever
What have you done or learnt during lockdown {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
our gov is laughting stuff... so i'm not enjoying it but is not that bad

So between news, movies through torrent sites, other videogames, excercise, cleaning, cooking and stuff i'm trying my best to not get bored or stressed ? oh, i've been uploading pics on my flickr, doing some short stories just to pass the time, i guess here we'll be in quarantine like forever
What have you done or learnt during lockdown {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
our gov is laughting stuff... so i'm not enjoying it but is not that bad
Seems Trump has COVID, let's see what happens. I'm putting money on him sniffing it, Biden sniffing it and Pence becoming Pres ?

Reply to What have you done or learnt during lockdown in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock