Discuss What Mistakes Have You Done? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Doing an annual EM test in a restaurant when a plumber asks me to disconnect a food drainage unit that he needs to unblock. I disconnected it so he could pull it away from the wall and this thing stank like hell! Full of 2 day old food, it separates hard food and liquid then pulps it into mush.

A bit later on and the plumber asks me to wire it back up so I did. Whilst I'm crouching down next to the start button I turned it on, big mistake! All the waste food in the hopper from the past two days shot up into the air, hit the ceiling and walls then gravity took over and it ended up all over me. I just stood there infront of the chef, plumber and a kitchen porter with bits of spaghetti, chicken, veg, fish bones covering every inch of me from head to toe. I even had a piece squid dangling from my glasses! I looked a right state and it stank. After all the kitchen staff, waiters and management came to have a look at what all the noise was for, I had the restaurant in stitches. They was very nice and let me use the staff room to clean up and gave me a company tee shirt. I powered up the EM lights, got into the van and went home for the hottest shower I've ever had, phoned the boss to tell him that I'll go back tomorrow to finish off the test. Every time I look at that tee shirt I swear I can smell that god awful pukey food, I'll never forget that smell.

Worst mistakes I have made:
Picked up a soldering iron with my hand, on the element, while...still....hot ¬_¬
Found a strange chip, looked at it, held it, found out it was static sensitive......poof!....gone :'(
7805 voltage regulator, output voltage was not correct, maybe turning up the input voltage will help! Hang on, heat? oh, connected wrong way round, the 7805 never worked again.
Memory chip in old commodore 64, took em out and replaced with a single 64KB memory chip, turns out it was a PLA problem, memory was fine >:|

Worked live on occasions, thats a mistake is it not? I bet 99.9% of us have at some point and shouldn't really.

Carried out a IR test on a circuit that had work colleague attached to other end of it....!

Worked for Mr Electric... (biggest mistake)

replaced a blown fuse wire with a snip of 1.5 .. (temp perm fix)

bought a rover 420di

become a sparky and not a train driver..

Carried out a IR test on a circuit that had work colleague attached to other end of it....!

Worked for Mr Electric... (biggest mistake)

replaced a blown fuse wire with a snip of 1.5 .. (temp perm fix)

bought a rover 420di

become a sparky and not a train driver..
Oh the good old days! remember when half the plugs you opened on jobs had foil from a smoke packet round the fuse?

The first time l ever installed smoke alarms, l omitted the earth, (thinking that well they made of plastic so l didnt need it) until l realised once that everything was in and fully plastered that l couldnt perform a Zs reading for the certs... Duh!!!!

Got my stihl saw out to trim some stone for me mums Dunsley boiler stove base,forgetting my mate had borrowed it previously.Checked the fuel and pull cord,never checked diamond disc was tight.Got warmed up and up to warp speed (5000 rpm) as i started the cut she jumped and set off like Usain Bolt,over junction of cul-de-sac,up kerb,over pavement main road,another kerb,off tree root along pavement past old folks home to end up rattling on deck as in cartoons.Total trip of 80 metres plus 4 PM on a weekday afternoon! Carried it back to the origin of its escape hugging it like a naughty child...

Went to see a mate on a job he was doing in an accomadation block, Needing a 'Number 2' asked him where the toiliets were and off I went. Sat down nicely minding my own bussiness and hear 2 girls come in chatting away in the cubicles next to me. I was in the females loo!! I couldn't leave until they finished and left 20 mins later incase we walked out at the same time and I looked a perve!!

Reply to What Mistakes Have You Done? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock