Discuss What’s the best breed for someone’s first dog? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

It depends what you like yourself…. I mean, if you like small, yappy furballs…. Don’t get a St Bernard.

My first dog was a rescue collie…. Now we’ve got a smaller spaniel type.

As littlespark said, depends on what you like. No good getting a dog that you don't like. A lot with dogs relies on your lifestyle. Is someone at home? Do you like walking? Some breeds need a lot of exercise. Some don't. Just remember, a dog needs to be walked even when it's chucking it down with rain.

Do you like unplanned weekends away? Get a cat instead!

As littlespark said, depends on what you like. No good getting a dog that you don't like. A lot with dogs relies on your lifestyle. Is someone at home? Do you like walking? Some breeds need a lot of exercise. Some don't. Just remember, a dog needs to be walked even when it's chucking it down with rain.

Do you like unplanned weekends away? Get a cat instead!

That was going to be my suggestion, but the forum doesn't permit a four character response.

Sheep can also make a good pet and aren't prone to biting postmen, although they can be tough to house train.

Reply to What’s the best breed for someone’s first dog? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have owned 8 dogs in the last 60 years. Yeah, you're good a math... I'm old, but I want one more dog. I like "shaggy" dogs that weigh about...
Replies
Views
My wife has a electric heated airer, our dog chewed through the cable and I thought it would be no different from rewiring a plug. It's not. I...
Replies
Views
I’m just trying to find out which tool, bag, bucket, would be best for a young trainee electrician. He hasn’t got many tools yet and we struggle...
Replies
Views
I had a job recently where myself and an apprentice had to gland and terminate a 50mm SWA cable in a panel. I put the locknut in a vice and filed...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a makita wall chaser. What is the best one. Mainly 20mm chases.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock