Discuss What's the going rate for a decent plasterer daily rate? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Must be putting in low prices then.
Check the JIB rates and the average salary of an Electrician is about £37k, if you are self employed and have decent customers then you can make a decent living supposedly, on those wages in London it will be a tough.

I have just finished a plastering bathroom taken me 3 hours to reskim.
so bag of plaster £6 tools me own .so stop bleating how much it will cost you .and it was not put on with a butter knife .

Do they have an reccomendations? Pay peanuts and the work will probably be poor so don't go looking for a cheaper option based on price

so bag of plaster £6 tools me own .so stop bleating how much it will cost you .and it was not put on with a butter knife .
Stone the crows and knock me down with a feather guvnor, a post from Buzz that is 95% comprehensible, I need to sit down and pour myself a large brandy....... ;o))))

....Yeah,but did it look like a Dalek's skirt? ;)

(...and never mind "those lumps are for hanging the soap-on-a-rope,on...)

M
Hi, I got my house that needs skimming. 2 guy's have come out to quote job. According to them job should take 5 days. Price one guy quoted for just labour is obscene. More than an electrician.

1400 for hallways both upstairs and downstairs. Knocked down to 1100.

10×14ft bedroom, without ceiling or one large wall as I'm getting fitted wardrobes all along. Price quoted 380.

What should I be paying, location derby, east Midlands.

My Ex wife recently paid £640 for her hall stairs and landing took three lads a day to complete. this is in an old house with heigh ceilings that neede boarding first. Hope that gives you some idea.

Sat here whilst a plasterer removed coving + artex. Plastered, tidied up.
Kitchen + utility.
I left him to it.
Cleared up, left an excellent job. The actual plastering was probably 1/3 of the time. Prep and clean up being the largest part.
IMHO well worth a days pay. I can't fault the workmanship.

Jesus christ, I wouldn't get any work charging them prices round my area, day rates/prices vary across the country massively.

sensible salary for a spark is 40K.
overheads (1 man concern) about £10k
so £50k/40 = £1252. (assuming 40 productive weeks per year)
1252/40 = £31/hour. or £250/day

Gotta say , we are plasterers and electricians ( were a team ) and the day Rate is £225 a day per man, plastering is a hard graft and for a top quality job takes skill and years of practice .
The work you have sounds approximately 5-6 days work including all the prep work of walls prior to skimming and removing / re-fitting of radiators / socket faces etc.
So price maybe a couple hundred too much but this price you have been quoted is not way off what we would charge and if you have references of their work being top quality then sounds quite reasonable .
Putting right a cheap/ below par plastering job after its complete could cost you more or will make the decorators job a nightmare .
But to answer your question , electricians and plasterers prices where I am ( West Midlands ) are around the same price and rightly so.

Good luck with your work : )

Reply to What's the going rate for a decent plasterer daily rate? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock