Discuss Whats the scrap prices in your area ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anyone with any insulated cable/swa near south yorkshire, pm me and ill buy it for new venture

Got near on a ton or more sorted in various sizes and types and bagged in dumpies ready to go down the scrappers , its near Skeggy at the mo waiting to go .
Pm me as may let it go elsewhere ?

Yep I realize that the best price is for hand stripped swa`s and that we aren`t supposed to burn it .But I was wondering if the rate is the same with the insulation still on

I don't know what you are all giving to the scrapman but I just found a docket from a year ago and for 92kg of burnt wire they gave me 419 quid,so 4.55 a kilo.Dunno why yis are all getting such bad prices.

Did a scrap run on Friday ,
Bright - £4900 a ton
House hold - £1750 a ton
Swa from £800 a ton
Burnt £4000 a ton but will be stopped from 1st April
No more cash from 1st April , they will only pay into a bank account !
And before i went I phoned several yards just to check prices and like I have said before two different yards with the same surnames not more than 20 miles apart ,one paying £4900 a ton for bright the other £3000 !?????

do i need a waste carriers license to drive my car 1 mile or less
for old coloured T/E on the drum as i have loads lol
or should i just get stripping it and park round corner lol and walk in like the scallys do before april the 1st

i have been meaning to take it as i last took some bright copper from some swa i had and stripped
for 15 kilo i got £55

may call in and ask what they are giving was about £4 a kilo last time but that was last yr and i know it fluctuates a lot and there is another bit further that gives more

Phone around mate , it is well worth the trouble if you have any decent quantity .
And let the buggers know that you phoned first when you get there or you will get a different price to the one quoted , it has happened twice to me now !

The best price I ever seen around London:
EMR
They have a lot of branches in UK.

I get about £1.60 per kilo for household cables and £2.00-2.10 for singles, but is was few months ago.
Worth to check prices before go anywhere as they have phone numbers on their website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got £4.50 a kilo for bright cooper and £0.45 a kilo for batteries today.

Reply to Whats the scrap prices in your area ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net